Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
The more I learn and see the new GSXR I think my next liter bike will be one.

·
Registered
533 Posts
i hate u man, thats the exact bike i wanted, but congrats anyways

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well, i picked up this morning, all i can say is wow. the power is unreal. it will stand right up in first and second gear just by turning the throttle, no clutch at all. so far i had it up to 150 mph and i was only 3/4 of the way through 3rd gear. i can't wait to get some more riding time on it.

·
Premium Member
3,168 Posts
06orangecrush said:
well, i picked up this morning, all i can say is wow. the power is unreal. it will stand right up in first and second gear just by turning the throttle, no clutch at all. so far i had it up to 150 mph and i was only 3/4 of the way through 3rd gear. i can't wait to get some more riding time on it.
Too bad this bike isn't used....considering 150mph in 3rd gear is well beyond break-in rpm's...if not you can enjoy the nice set of valves you float as the dealership will be rebuilding your top-end on your money, not warranty money.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Ya if he picked it up today, the break in period is 1,000 miles and they say that you should not go beyond what is it like8,000 rpms?

I would know cause i wanted to race my friend that just bought a 06 CBR600RR and i would waist him cuase he wouldnt go beyond 8 grand

·
Still lurks on occasion
6,300 Posts
Badass scooter......just be careful - we really don't want to read how you wrecked it due to getting t-boned in traffic someday.

Drive really defensively man.......

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Red2.0Tib said:
Too bad this bike isn't used....considering 150mph in 3rd gear is well beyond break-in rpm's...if not you can enjoy the nice set of valves you float as the dealership will be rebuilding your top-end on your money, not warranty money.
i have done plenty of reading the night before i picked it up on a bunch of sportbike forums. everyone had a link to a guy that builds these engines, and he says to break them in exactly the way you are going to ride it most of time. that just babying it puts no force on the rings to seat them properly. he said he has seen more motors go due to just putting around.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts