Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
06orangecrush said:
i have done plenty of reading the night before i picked it up on a bunch of sportbike forums. everyone had a link to a guy that builds these engines, and he says to break them in exactly the way you are going to ride it most of time. that just babying it puts no force on the rings to seat them properly. he said he has seen more motors go due to just putting around.

Yeh you should be more cautious with the bike. I lost two friends within one month about a month ago. They would ride crazy and fast over 170+ mph sometimes, but even when driving at normal speeds they got hit and both accidents they didnt survive the crash. So, even if you're the best rider and they both had 10+ years riding experience, all it takes is one mistake from someone else on that bike and you're life is either over, you're in a wheelchair, or you're a vegetable. Just think about and be safe. Ride in packs with other bikers or go to the track.

·
Banned
312 Posts
Yea... you're telling him to be careful, yet recommending that he go to a track, where he's much more likely to ditch it...

Sick bike dude... Everyone with bikes... how did you get started with it? I kind of want to get a bike this summer...

·
Registered
412 Posts
GTea said:
Yea... you're telling him to be careful, yet recommending that he go to a track, where he's much more likely to ditch it...

Sick bike dude... Everyone with bikes... how did you get started with it? I kind of want to get a bike this summer...
Im telling him to go to a track because if he's going to ride it, at least he wont get it by a 3000+ lb steel cage coming at him or get run over if he falls. I know some people are still going to want to ride and he has a better chance of surviving a crash if he doesnt ride in everyday traffic. I've seen a lot statistics already in my short life and getting hit by someone else because the other driver made a mistake is the biggest reason for so many injuries and fatalities that I have seen. When I lost my second friend this past month, who was my best friend on a bike, you can never forget all the faces and all the sorrow of all the people that cared for him. I wanted a bike and was going to buy one, but not anymore. Now, a lot of our friends who had bikes are ditching them because of this. You dont understand until you lose something and tragic it is and by then it is usually too little too late.

·
Premium Member
3,168 Posts
06orangecrush said:
i have done plenty of reading the night before i picked it up on a bunch of sportbike forums. everyone had a link to a guy that builds these engines, and he says to break them in exactly the way you are going to ride it most of time. that just babying it puts no force on the rings to seat them properly. he said he has seen more motors go due to just putting around.
Actually, you're supposed to ride thru various degrees of throttle, varying rpm's and varying loads on the engine....that said 150mph in 3rd gear is not varying anything, you would have to be holding the throttle wide open for more than a few seconds, even on a liter bike. It's your bike, and you're free to do what you want with it. I was just warning you because I watched a friend of mine do the same thing with a brand new gsx-r750 this spring and his dealer told him to kiss their *** since he wasn't complying with the break-in instructions.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm jealous, none of my vehicles came in a box.. :( Imagine the fort I could make with that...

jk, Nice bike, and try to avoid that 150mph road rash.

·
Registered
464 Posts
It has more hp than our cars... :3_saai:

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
Korean_Redneck said:
RIP my friends. Who were Suzuki gixxer owners.

Josh(1983-1999)-Chesapeake, VA
Marek(1976-2003)- Virginia Beach, VA
Josiah(1983-2002)- Ann Arbor, Michigan
What a positive post. With all due respect to your friends, just because they couldn't handle the power, doesn't mean he can't.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
NovaResource said:
What a positive post. With all due respect to your friends, just because they couldn't handle the power, doesn't mean he can't.
not necessarily true, my uncle used to make custom harley's, now he works for harley and does something like gets parts for dealers in the san diego area, somethin like that

anyway he has been riding since before he could drive, and he almost died from getting hit on the freeway. he was behind a cop and got sideswiped. the cop saw it all because he was actually checking out his custom bike in the rear view mirror at the time. the car next to him just didnt see him and didnt signal a lane change, just swooped over and nailed him at 70, he will have back problems the rest of his life and will never ride another bike because he cant turn his neck far enough.

when i was in highschool i started on the varsity lacrosse team my freshman year because a senior that i was friends with crashed his bike, he said "im not sure how fast I was going, it had been pinned at 135 for a while" he wraped it around a tree and was in a coma for 3 months.

that all being said, i want a bike, and congrats be careful though, not as worried about high speed, be more worried about ppl around you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just for the a-holes that don't know sh*t about riding a bike. Over 50% of bike deaths come from one specific accident, when a car makes a left turn in front of a bike accross lanes at in town speeds because the person in the car didn't look.

It's sad, but it's documented fact, more motorcyclists get killed by someone not paying attention in a car than anything else.

That being said, Literbikes have more power than almost anyone can be expected to handle, they are rockets, it takes a deciplined experience rider to control one. Be safe man, we don't need to see another guy down.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
kwikshift said:
Just for the a-holes that don't know sh*t about riding a bike. Over 50% of bike deaths come from one specific accident, when a car makes a left turn in front of a bike accross lanes at in town speeds because the person in the car didn't look.

It's sad, but it's documented fact, more motorcyclists get killed by someone not paying attention in a car than anything else.

That being said, Literbikes have more power than almost anyone can be expected to handle, they are rockets, it takes a deciplined experience rider to control one. Be safe man, we don't need to see another guy down.
This actually almost happened to me yesterday. A guy cut across a lane cause he was gong to miss the onramp for the interstate. When he started coming over I was already just behind his door, he never even looked. I knew if i hit my brakes he still would have hit me, so i quickly droppped it down gears and gave it all she had. The front end picked up a little bit and I made it past him, I bet my exhaust at about 10k rpms at a foot from his window scared the **** out of him.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Sweet bike man. I would love one, but as people and even yourself have posted, they are crazy dangerous. I know a guy who was pretty serious and skilled on both road and dirt bikes said "It sucked to go for a ride because I felt like every vehicle on the road was trying to kill me". He sold his bikes because the fun was gone. I have heard nothing but horror stories about them and people in ER's call them donorcycles instead of motorcycles. I know another guy in STL who just died on his bike like most do, he was hit by someone else and not driving crazy.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts