Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going home from work and I was in my houise taking my shoes off and a local town cop came up to the door and asked what the hurry is. THen we went to my car and he gave me a ticket. I know for a fact that there was no cop when i shut my door. Im fighting this. Is this legal?

·
Registered
719 Posts
I was going home from work and I was in my houise taking my shoes off and a local town cop came up to the door and asked what the hurry is. THen we went to my car and he gave me a ticket. I know for a fact that there was no cop when i shut my door. Im fighting this. Is this legal?
What?! Were you in your house? Did he follow you all the way home or something. That does not sound legal at all!

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
i got pulled over in my driveway... didnt even know there was a cop following me till i got outta my car and he was sitting in my driveway.. he only gave me a warning tho..

did he say how long he was following you? and what exactly was the ticket for?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was followed home..but he never put sirens on or anything. and pulled in the driveway after i was inside, my car was sitting visible, but how does he know its me and all..He got me for speeding..but it didnt say radar on the ticket it said other..So he came to my door and said whats your hurry and i need to see your license and registration..so i was inside.not even close to my car

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
yeah that sounds super fishy.... so he followed you home... and apparently saw you speeding, but didnt pull you over while you were on the road?
sounds like a douchebag cop to me who has nothing better to do then knock on someones door to give em a speeding ticket and ruin their day...

were you in a neighborhood when he started following you?

·
Registered
542 Posts
i know cops can get you while you in your drive way but im not so sure about the other part? He ligaly has to put how fast you where going or the courts wont know how many points or how much of a fine to give you i think if you tried to fight it you should win...

·
Worst Overall NT Member of 2010
6,782 Posts
wait, you where speeding and he gave you a ticket?

how rude

1 - 14 of 14 Posts