Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, the DIYs dont mention if you need to cut off the little plastic connectors when you pull the wires through the body.

I really dont want to do that. Any tips?

Thanks a ton guys!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
wires to what? the one on the spoiler does NOT need to be cut, just take off the plastic on the inside of the hatch and it has a little clip, i dont have a rear wiper but that probably have something like that too.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

The connector to the 3rd brake light. I was told it wouldnt pull through the sheet metal body and that it needed to be cut?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
nope, it goes through just fine, you just need to pull off the plastic and unclip it. i actually didnt even take the plastic completely off. i removed just enough to get my fingers in there and it pops right off and goes through the hatch. i dont have a rear wiper, like i said, but if you're going to remove that too you likely will have to pull the plastic all the way off.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not yer lol. I couldnt find any plugs anywhere today.

Home depot and Autozone were both no help so I have pieces of electrical tape for now. If I dont have any luck ill put the spoiler back on since the paint around the spoiler/ body joint is wore down to the metal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts