Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rok, I have a 2005 I4 Auto Tib, and it got owned by a tiburon hating deer.

The front right headlamp fixture is broken, fender a lil bent (but metal), and the front lower bumper is screwed.

I went to get it appraised and the shops (ABRA etc) said about $2500 for new bumper fender and headlight - all oem salvaged. I was like well f that I am going to see what I can do first.

I discussed it with some friends and they suggested just using this oppurtunity to get a body kit.

I checked out body kits on ebay but they look pretty crappy.

What I am asking then is this:
Are these ebay kits as crap as they look?
Can this be done for under $2500?
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
781 Posts
its all in the material of the body kit,
go check out hte body kit sticky on the top of this forum and search through with some you would like
the Ebay ones are most likely going to have fitment issues, which is going to, in the end, cost you more. and if the material doesnt take paint well, then your car will look funny

my suggestions would to look at sites like Motorimpact.com and some others, that are resellers of Tib body kits

what ever you do, dont go razzi
please

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it wont lemme post the URL to the kit so here it is:

For $199:

* Brand new full wide body kit
* Including Front Bumper, Front Fenders, 2 sides, Rear bumper, Rear fenders total 8 pieces
* Poly-Fiber Reinforced Plastic (PFRP)
-Proven to be more flexible and durable then traditional fiberglass
* Surface are finished with smooth white gel-coat, Fiberglass OEM mold resulting in perfect fitment
* Grade A 7 layers of poly-fiber (extra thick)
* Grill inserts included
* Easy Bolt-on installation
* Secure Factory Packaging

It might be cheaper to just buy a new bumper cover from rockauto. Dunno. I need to sell/trade it and get a manual I4 for a turbo upgrade I am planning on, but it wont sell with a cracked light/bumber.

The ebay kit says Poly-fiber or something and claims perfect fit... but that goes without saying that ebay its easy to lie for money.

What ya think?

·
Registered
513 Posts
I would say that you are asking for trouble buying a $200.00 kit It was almost $800.00 Just for the mussa front bumper I have... Either the kit is crap, or you are going to get ripped for the cash (I mean they won't ship the item and keep the $)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay update on the kit - did some searching and I found the manufacturers site: nrgmotortrend.com

The same kit I saw on ebay for "aftermarket" prices is about $1000 retail on nrg and $450 as a set package.

nrgmotortrend.com/ebproduct.asp?catmainid=2&catsecid=106

Is the page the kit is on. This looks alot more legitimate than the ebay secondhand ad. I will be calling them to see whats up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts