Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rok, I have a 2005 I4 Auto Tib, and it got owned by a tiburon hating deer.

The front right headlamp fixture is broken, fender a lil bent (but metal), and the front lower bumper is screwed.

I went to get it appraised and the shops (ABRA etc) said about $2500 for new bumper fender and headlight - all oem salvaged. I was like well f that I am going to see what I can do first.

I discussed it with some friends and they suggested just using this oppurtunity to get a body kit.

I checked out body kits on ebay but they look pretty crappy.

What I am asking then is this:
Are these ebay kits as crap as they look?
Can this be done for under $2500?
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it wont lemme post the URL to the kit so here it is:

For $199:

* Brand new full wide body kit
* Including Front Bumper, Front Fenders, 2 sides, Rear bumper, Rear fenders total 8 pieces
* Poly-Fiber Reinforced Plastic (PFRP)
-Proven to be more flexible and durable then traditional fiberglass
* Surface are finished with smooth white gel-coat, Fiberglass OEM mold resulting in perfect fitment
* Grade A 7 layers of poly-fiber (extra thick)
* Grill inserts included
* Easy Bolt-on installation
* Secure Factory Packaging

It might be cheaper to just buy a new bumper cover from rockauto. Dunno. I need to sell/trade it and get a manual I4 for a turbo upgrade I am planning on, but it wont sell with a cracked light/bumber.

The ebay kit says Poly-fiber or something and claims perfect fit... but that goes without saying that ebay its easy to lie for money.

What ya think?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay update on the kit - did some searching and I found the manufacturers site: nrgmotortrend.com

The same kit I saw on ebay for "aftermarket" prices is about $1000 retail on nrg and $450 as a set package.

nrgmotortrend.com/ebproduct.asp?catmainid=2&catsecid=106

Is the page the kit is on. This looks alot more legitimate than the ebay secondhand ad. I will be calling them to see whats up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.