1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
i'm not much inclined about them, but i've seen that samco makes them for our car..

·
Registered
425 Posts
apkraven said:
i'm not much inclined about them, but i've seen that samco makes them for our car..

Price is pretty steep for a Samco. I have the OBX in red. The stock clamps aren't gonna fit if you get OBX. I purchased some stainless steel ones(thanks to Rickna)and they don't leak.

Daniel

·
Registered
425 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
YoMike said:
I bought the OBX ones for the V6 and they leaked thru the reinforced fibers at the ends of the hose. I even had them doubled clamped. The leaks were a very slow drip. Sent them back and got a refund.

Hmm.................that's bad. Well at least you get a refund back. Anyone knows the price for the Samco radiator hoses?

Jsar

·
Registered
425 Posts
Jsar said:
Hmm.................that's bad. Well at least you get a refund back. Anyone knows the price for the Samco radiator hoses?

Jsar
Prices differ depending on who is selling them. When I researched them before I went with the OBX I found price ranges from $107-$189. Pretty pricey for some hoses.

Daniel

·
Premium Member
3,782 Posts
I have the OBX hoses, and they work fine for me. The stock clamps do leak, but if you get something tighter, then you shouldn't have any problems. I have had mine for about 30,000 miles and no problems, and they still look good.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
YoMike said:
I bought the OBX ones for the V6 and they leaked thru the reinforced fibers at the ends of the hose. I even had them doubled clamped. The leaks were a very slow drip. Sent them back and got a refund.
I tightened the clamps about once a week for 2 months. No leaks. No need to double clamp.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Everyone wants pretty blue hoses. I tried but the OBX hoses ooozed antiFreeze out the fiber ends. I had them double SUPER clamped down and still a tiny drip would happen. When this tiny drip dropped onto motor I could smell IT!!! Also I found out that Silicon never sets to the fitting like rubber does after the first time it heats up. I wish I never tried this, spent money and time just to get back to stock Black Rubber hoses

·
Registered
693 Posts
I have the OBX hoses and continue to have problems with them. The have been retightened and adjusted numerous times over the past year and they still leak. I never attempted to use the stock clamps. I am going to try a different style of clamp (camlock dressed up style that my buddy has on his evo) but they come at a price. I used to defend the OBX hoses but my honest opinion is go with the Samco's

1 - 16 of 16 Posts