Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so heres the deal. Had to take my car into a body shop after an accident. I needed the front and rear bumper, both driverside front and rear quarter panels and the door skin replaced. First off the guy said 10 days max and it took him 16 days. That piss me off. Now that I got the car back my driverside fog light ring is cracked, my hood is touching the passenger side quarter panel, they didn't replace my headlight and just tried to buff out the marks but its still there and its pushed in and doesn't line up flush, my vin and factory stickers are missing form the drivers side AND my wheel alighment is off!!!

MY question is. . . I already paid the deductable and signed the damn sheet. I know it was a dumb move and I did look at the car before I paid but mind you I picked it up today and it was down pouring like hell outside. However he still has to replace the front wheel well plastic and it comes in on friday. I plan to tell him about all the bad **** but is he obligated to fix it and if not can I take legal action or is it to late because I signed that damn paper do-dad?

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Kitsune said:
Ok so heres the deal. Had to take my car into a body shop after an accident. I needed the front and rear bumper, both driverside front and rear quarter panels and the door skin replaced. First off the guy said 10 days max and it took him 16 days. That piss me off. Now that I got the car back my driverside fog light ring is cracked, my hood is touching the passenger side quarter panel, they didn't replace my headlight and just tried to buff out the marks but its still there and its pushed in and doesn't line up flush, my vin and factory stickers are missing form the drivers side AND my wheel alighment is off!!!

MY question is. . . I already paid the deductable and signed the damn sheet. I know it was a dumb move and I did look at the car before I paid but mind you I picked it up today and it was down pouring like hell outside. However he still has to replace the front wheel well plastic and it comes in on friday. I plan to tell him about all the bad **** but is he obligated to fix it and if not can I take legal action or is it to late because I signed that damn paper do-dad?
If they're a good business and pride themselves on customer service, then they'll make it right... However, since you've signed accepting the work. They really don't have a legal obligation to do anything.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn I knew it. . .

I'm still gonna ***** like hell!! . . . .Well actually I'm gonna be nice first and if they don't fix then ***** like hell!!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
You sound high maintenance. The only posts of yours that I have read are about 93% complaining. You may have really bad luck with the car you have because so much has gone wrong in such a short time. Maybe you need to find somebody to dump your car in a lake. Sheesh, bad electrical work, holes in the fire wall, foggy headlights, bad seat belts, and now bad body shop...

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
just go in and be civil about it. explain that you after it stopped raining you got to check it out and there are some things that aren't right and that you'd like them fixed. Like 05GT said, if they give a damn about the customer and their reputation they'll fix it.

not to mention, you're a chick so you should have no problems getting it taken care of. Just dont go in there yelling or threatening them.

·
Banned
312 Posts
JBLover said:
You sound high maintenance. The only posts of yours that I have read are about 93% complaining. You may have really bad luck with the car you have because so much has gone wrong in such a short time. Maybe you need to find somebody to dump your car in a lake. Sheesh, bad electrical work, holes in the fire wall, foggy headlights, bad seat belts, and now bad body shop...
Seriously, you could at least pay attention to this forum. THe person you are referring to is leela something or other, NOT Kitstune.

Kit- If the shop refuses to do the job right, tell them you're going to go back to the insurance company, they may not want to risk their affiliation with the insurance company, because i'm sure they get a lot of business through them.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Don't go in there B&^%$ing,,,, that won't help either you nor the shop.
Go in and say, hey You guys didn't totally fix my car,,,,I need you to fix blah blah blah.
I realize they took a few days longer than what they initially told you for repairs,,,however
6 days isn't much in the body-shop business. Overall sounds like they didn't totally "fix" the car,,
seems as though they tried to "mask" the problem,,,yes they need to fix your alignment with the hood
and fender, quarter panel, headlights, etc. Did you say your vin# is off ??? THat's a legal issue,,,contact your insurance company pronto so they can negotiage further with this shop, they probably had to take off stickers in order to repaint. As far as the wheel alignment,,most body shops don't do repairs other than cosmetic.

·
Registered
471 Posts
oh wow im not even gonna list what i went through with those places.....take it back and they will fix it

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
VIN# is missing ?

I say forget about everything else and go to the police station... b/c that is BS and removing that VIN# is a felony without proper DMV paperwork

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
CarrRyanE said:
VIN# is missing ?

I say forget about everything else and go to the police station... b/c that is BS and removing that VIN# is a felony without proper DMV paperwork
Thats true on both the Vin and the Insurance company... I would ask them about the vin... don't let them BS you in saying it fell off when you were in the accident. Those things are on there good and solid. I would still make a police report and call the insurance company anyways. But thats me... I don't threaten, I just do...

·
Registered
310 Posts
Well, as a person the works with different bodyshops frequently I will tell you that 90% of them are theives. Unless you do a lot of business with them or are paying top dollar, there mean goal is to slap your car together as fast as they can and get on tho the next paying job.

The missing VIN she is refering to is a paper tag on the fenders and hood and other various parts. If the replaced those part it will not have it and it is no big deal. Also, since you signed the relaese they can cash the insurance check and you really do have no recourse.

Best bet is to go in nicely and point out the things you are unhappy about. Most of it sounds minor, adjust the hood, move out the headlight so it more then likely they will at least try.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok to the guy saying I'm high maintanece. . . uhh yea like they said wrong person. This is a first time deal.

As for the rest of you guys thanks for the advice. I work as a customer service rep so I know how pple want to be treated. I went in today and told them that I was relatively pleased with thier work and for the most part they did a good job!( Always gotta stroke the ego a bit to get what you want!)

I mentioned everything and he said that they will order a new headlight and foglamp ring with no prob. As for th hood he said he will take a look seeing as how its on the passenger side and not on the drivers side that they worked on. As for the Vin and factory stickers he still has them and is going to try to cut down the piece of metal and put it back on to my car or heat it and peal them off and re-stick(which in my opinion will never work) I'm not to mad about that seeing as how they did have to replace that rocker piece so it was either bondo it or weld a new one so I'm glad they did that. So when the pieces are in he'll give me a call. . so far so good. . we'll see

And I totally agree that girls have it easier. . .my friend and I have uhh. . .well to be blunt are pretty busty and we went to a junk yard one time for her trams am. We must have picked up at least $200 worth in parts and the guys only charged us $40. .. mind you we went in the middle of summer with shorts,work boots and black tanktops. . I have no doubt in my mind that boobies can definitely help you get away with murder! :3_devil_w hahaha

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Kitsune said:
Ok to the guy saying I'm high maintanece. . . uhh yea like they said wrong person. This is a first time deal.

As for the rest of you guys thanks for the advice. I work as a customer service rep so I know how pple want to be treated. I went in today and told them that I was relatively pleased with thier work and for the most part they did a good job!( Always gotta stroke the ego a bit to get what you want!)

I mentioned everything and he said that they will order a new headlight and foglamp ring with no prob. As for th hood he said he will take a look seeing as how its on the passenger side and not on the drivers side that they worked on. As for the Vin and factory stickers he still has them and is going to try to cut down the piece of metal and put it back on to my car or heat it and peal them off and re-stick(which in my opinion will never work) I'm not to mad about that seeing as how they did have to replace that rocker piece so it was either bondo it or weld a new one so I'm glad they did that. So when the pieces are in he'll give me a call. . so far so good. . we'll see

And I totally agree that girls have it easier. . .my friend and I have uhh. . .well to be blunt are pretty busty and we went to a junk yard one time for her trams am. We must have picked up at least $200 worth in parts and the guys only charged us $40. .. mind you we went in the middle of summer with shorts,work boots and black tanktops. . I have no doubt in my mind that boobies can definitely help you get away with murder! :3_devil_w hahaha
I don't believe you...

pics or :3_ban:...lol

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow you guys are aweful!! :2_eek: hahaha alright alright. . . .We'll I'm not exactly gonna take shots of my chest but I have a photo shoot coming up with my local car club. . I'll post pics up of me AND MY CAR soon! :3_headsha

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:3_headsha Oh geez. .. boys.. ehh well what did I expect posting up a comment like that! lol

By the way as for the wheel alignment I called my local tire place and the guy sad that they are not really resposible unless I blew a strut or bent the frame. But to try and call the insurance company to pay for it anyways. He said more times then none I can prolly get the money but to do it quick. I don't blame him cuz if not I'll prolly chew up my tires.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts