Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my friend is all paranoid that its a heat shield and the paint on my hood is gona get jacked up.

Ive taken it off to check some stuff out, and soon about to start polishing my valve covers and fuel rails.. and wanted to make sure that leaving it off for a long period of time with daily driving will cause any problems at all..

any ideas? or is he just a crack head... but when i took it off, part of it burned where it was touching the upper IM...

·
Registered
525 Posts
Hello,
I think you should be ok all the guys with F/I and IM and just CAI have the engine cover off and I have not heard of them loosing the paints integrity.I have been thinking about doing the same and taking mine off as well,I will wait till I install a part that requires it to come off first;as I am quite fond of it I think it looks great.
Croc.

·
Banned
312 Posts
It's a piece of plastic, designed to make the engine bay look fancy to the layperson. It serves ZERO function.

·
Banned
312 Posts
Yea.... car manufacturers always design elaborate cooling systems to pull heat away from the engine, and then they go and put an insulator on top.

its purely for decoration.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea, ive had mine off for about... 2 weeks now, he swears my paint is gona start to fade.. i told him it was probably just for decoration, but he will just not take that and says its a heat sheild lol...

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
i took off ALL the covers the weekend after i bought my car

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i like the outer stuff, covers up unsightly stuff, but the main cover is what i wanted to take off cause of the polishing im gona be doing in about a week or so.

·
Registered
140 Posts
GTea said:
It's a piece of plastic, designed to make the engine bay look fancy to the layperson. It serves ZERO function.
That is the exact answer on the engine cover, the only other pupose of the cover is to prevent idiots from tampering with stuff in an attempt to fix something.

·
Registered
571 Posts
komokazi said:
yea, ive had mine off for about... 2 weeks now, he swears my paint is gona start to fade.. i told him it was probably just for decoration, but he will just not take that and says its a heat sheild lol...
Tell him it's PLASTIC... if it was meant to shield from enough heat to mess up the paint, they wouldn't use something that would melt.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea, i took it off, and immediatly heard the ticking from the injectors... i wasnt sure wtf it was until i popped the hood and put my ears next to them...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts