Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 SE and was wondering what mods can be done without voiding the warranty. So far i have seen a bored out hyundai throttle body and thats pretty much it. Will a CAI void the warranty? All inputs and replies are appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
972 Posts
not sure but i think it depends on the dealer...

·
Registered
188 Posts
look at the mods in my sig, i just had some things replaced under warrenty with all of thoes on my car, however the parts replaced were stock parts that had nothing to do with the aftermarket parts, i too have an 06 SE

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How does it fall under the dealership if i bought my car brand new? Isnt hyundai's 10 year 100,000 mile warranty a general thing and not dependent upon the dealership? I can understand if it is used and from a dealership. Thank you though for all your responses.

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
It is a general thing but its up to the dealership to do the repairs.

Dealerships dont like having their numbers look bad because they replaced your engine,tranny, etc. They usually argue that your mods will cause more wear and tear, that the stock engine and tranny cant handle the extra power.

Some of them dont care about it and will fix it.

I just saying if you mod your car just be prepared to accept that they might not cover it anymore under warranty.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Go to whatever dealer you plan to use for service/warranty issues and talk to the service manager. In my case, mine said I'd be just fine with an intake and a catback exhaust. Anything else and they'd probably give my crap if I needed warranty work.

I have seen other dealers that will even go so far as to install a supercharger for you, so it just depends.

·
Registered
85 Posts
peachferrari said:
Go to whatever dealer you plan to use for service/warranty issues and talk to the service manager. In my case, mine said I'd be just fine with an intake and a catback exhaust. Anything else and they'd probably give my crap if I needed warranty work.

I have seen other dealers that will even go so far as to install a supercharger for you, so it just depends.
There was a law put in place in 97 i think that says that the dealer has to honor the warranty as long as the aftermarket parts installed are not effecting the component effected. (Example you could have a NGM built motor but if your seatbelt stopped working they would be obligated to replace it). Thats a very specific example though and its open to a lot of interpretaion on the dealers part, but as long as you can clearly prove that the aftermarket components on your car are not contributing to the problem they should be obligated to fix/repair the issue.

·
Registered
85 Posts
bcware said:
easier said than done
very true...usually they will try to find a way to blame it on something you did, but the option is there if you really want to push it. Depends on the dealer and how much they're willing to bend i guess.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts