Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so Im gonna install my new headunit and its a dual single din 7in touchscreen. When I looked at the wiring diagram I saw a wire that that was white and brown and it saids it for the reverse lamps!!!......????? I have no Idea what thats supposed to be for!! and theres a acc wire Im guessing that for accesories!! can somebody please give me a diy. Please dont burn me cuz I did my fare share of searching and I can quite get the ?'s that I have awnsered. Also why do I need a wiring harness for my car aren't you just supposed to splice the wires!!!!!! somebody please help me because I dont just want to have to pay some idiots in va to install for me. I'd rather do it my self

The head unit is the dual xdvd8181 thanks again guys/gals.....

·
Registered
101 Posts
the wire on the unit is for activating a back up camara/camara mod on the monitor, when you go into reverse. Not sure what the wire color in the car is..

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
You don't have to buy a harness.. it just makes it easier.. Extremely plug and play. Splicing in works nicely also. It's just time consuming.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok I just installed it and Im wondering what kind of switch did you guys use for the e-brake ground......I tied it into the ground for the deck but It stays on even when the car is off. I have a wire just hanging under my dash it looks crappy!!!! can someone post pix of the kind of switch they used where you mounted it and how to install it!!! thank you!

·
Registered
33 Posts
1QUICKSHRK said:
ok I just installed it and Im wondering what kind of switch did you guys use for the e-brake ground......I tied it into the ground for the deck but It stays on even when the car is off. I have a wire just hanging under my dash it looks crappy!!!! can someone post pix of the kind of switch they used where you mounted it and how to install it!!! thank you!

i went 2 home depot bought a little switch and its hiding inside my ash tray hehe

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
dj-turbo said:
i went 2 home depot bought a little switch and its hiding inside my ash tray hehe
Lol, thats what I have as well!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nevermind thanks for the help guys. I grounded it to one of the bolts on the shifter under that console!! woo hoo this most deff a fun mod

1 - 8 of 8 Posts