Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Question about SSA Headers and Exhaust?

756 views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  SuperSaiyan 
#1 ·
I asked on their website but they have failed to respond, its been about 3 days or so. My question is, if you put on the exhaust and headers will that eliminate the cat? Or will just the headers or what?

#4 ·
The only part that removes the cat is the addition of the headers, so installing a catback only changes things from the (get ready for this) cat-back :3_chubby: so if you leave your headers stock you wont have any emissions problems.

but if you want headers do what staw said and get a highflow (magnaflow sells them for 50 bucks on ebay) and have flanges welded to it so you can bolt it up in place of the "race cat" or test pipe (same thing). then you'll still pass emissions, provided you test your car warm (since precats wont be there).

EDIT: the "race cat" is a tricky way of saying straight pipe that widens in diameter to sorta look like a cat. It has no emissions reducing features.

#11 ·
For anyone else who has questions
As posted on importshark.com

"SPECIAL NOTES:
1. The "Racing Cat." that comes with this system is considered to be a "racing catalytic converter", a non-catacomb pipe, which is for racing purposes only. This piece has no emissions standards what so ever. Your local emissions laws may require an aftermarket high flow or performance cat to be installed with-in your exhaust system."

Pass the word.

#14 ·
it is a test pipe. that's what it is used for. testing exhaust setups without the flow restriction of a cat. works great for when you run an auto-cross and have to pass emissions at the end. if you can get your test pipe off and the high flow cat in before emissions, you'll be fine, and you'll have had some extra horsies to carry you around the track.

I've got the SSA headers with the ARK N2 exhaust...straight pipe, no cats. sounds MEAN! In so-cal, I get away with it. anywhere else that valued peace and quiet...I'd get pulled over in a heart beat

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.