Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
couldnt you get similar aftermarkets and the tuscani caps and have the same look?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Probably could... but don't have the patience lol. Plus what are the chances of finding an aftermarket wheel with the right size center cap hole?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
You could get 17" Gram Lights for a little more than 1500 for wheels only and they look similar and would be a higher quality rim. When it comes to wheels not being patient to look on a couple wheel sites to find something you really like is stupid IMHO. Wheels are too critical of a choice to just buy some because you are impatient.

Look at these: http://www.wheelsdirectonline.com/volk/57P.htm

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I have always liked the Konig Unknowns since they came out. Only thing is, according to Konig they won't fit but according to my local speed shop and a wheel company they will, so I dunno I'm a little leary about them. Those are also about $700 cheaper than the ones above so I dunno. AHHHH you are so right with wheels being so critical! Grrrr well them best I can say is that I've always liked the Unknowns and I get impatient looking around because I can't find anything I like better than them.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
04shark04 said:
Well I have always liked the Konig Unknowns since they came out. Only thing is, according to Konig they won't fit but according to my local speed shop and a wheel company they will, so I dunno I'm a little leary about them. Those are also about $700 cheaper than the ones above so I dunno. AHHHH you are so right with wheels being so critical! Grrrr well them best I can say is that I've always liked the Unknowns and I get impatient looking around because I can't find anything I like better than them.

Konig Unknowns will fit... just get the correct offset. When it comes to wheels, do your own research.

·
Registered
11,412 Posts
with some modification you can fit the center caps in. i got my center caps to fit on my aftermarket rims with the help of a lil silicon

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
If you like those rims so much... check ebay.. $265 + $150 shipping... no namebrand of course.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
04shark04 said:
maybe they were doing you a favor....

Konig Unknowns are nasty......

you can get some really nice wheels for $1500....

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well as far as quality, who makes some decent wheels? My style wheel for my silver Tib would be a gloss black with polished lip. Personal preference would be a 5 or 6 spoke. I don't want to sound lazy about it, but I search about 3-4 sites a day and haven't been able to find decent wheels and I've been looking for more than 3 months now. So if anyone can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it. As far as budget, I'd like to spend no more than $1200 for a set. Then if I can't find anything I like I'll buy new stock wheels cause mine have a little rash on them and I'll get them powder coated and have the lip polished. IMO the stock wheels are nice, but only if they were the color I'd like.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
1200 for wheels and tires or just wheels. Do you want 17 or 18 inch? These factors make a big difference. Are you wnating a five spoke wheel?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wanting a 5 or 6 spoke wheel in 17's

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Axis Hiro... yuck. TE37... barf. Oh well, looks like after I buy 2 new OEM 17"'s I'll just powdercoat them polished black and have the lip polished.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts