Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
How do you change this?
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any voltage loss between using a scotch-lock splice instead of soldering in a low voltage wire? I dont think there is but I need to know and cant seem to find the answer.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Is there any voltage loss between using a scotch-lock splice instead of soldering in a low voltage wire? I dont think there is but I need to know and cant seem to find the answer.

Thanks
no there is no voltage loss over the 2 kinds of connection but if you want a clean and less bulky installation i would solder it. Soldering is more secure...

·
How do you change this?
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no there is no voltage loss over the 2 kinds of connection but if you want a clean and less bulky installation i would solder it. Soldering is more secure...
You should see these connectors.... smaller than butt connectors. They are used for connections inside drilling rig computers. Set up like scotch-locks but 1/2 the size. Only bad thing is they are permanent and have to be cut off.... no disconnection possible. That and I would solder but its in a tight spot....

·
How do you change this?
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well.. you can loose power with a poor connection... but jay is right if the connection is good then it should not matter.
Oh and what happened to the ebay auction.... you ended it. I guess someone bought them locally?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
You should see these connectors.... smaller than butt connectors. They are used for connections inside drilling rig computers. Set up like scotch-locks but 1/2 the size. Only bad thing is they are permanent and have to be cut off.... no disconnection possible. That and I would solder but its in a tight spot....
yes its definately a tight area to work on. other members of this board went throught the same problem. it took me about an hour and half to finish the install. it helps if your a smaller person. bigger peaple just take the passenger side seat off for better clearance.

·
How do you change this?
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes its definately a tight area to work on. other members of this board went throught the same problem. it took me about an hour and half to finish the install. it helps if your a smaller person. bigger peaple just take the passenger side seat off for better clearance.
Well I aint too big... 5'11" 160 but my hands are pretty big which always screws me working on imports...damn little handed people...lol

I am also thinking of hooking up my ZT2 but I have to extend those wires if I do. Whoever had this last cut the wires waaaay short. I figured since I have some 3 way Scotch-locks I may just do it all at once except for the actual sensor, the sensor goes in when I put my new headers on in spring.

At least thats the plan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.