Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did some searching and found that K&N makes a CAI called the typhoon

My question is, does it fit the 06 and does anyone have it? I know some people have installed this CAI but I don't know what year their tib is..

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
aslong as it fits a V6 tib it will fit any year, except 07 cause we dont know the engine bay set up on those

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I have it in my 03' (check the sig). It fits fine. All of the accesories and brackets it comes with hold it in place really tight. Some intakes rub a hole in the side where it goes under the battery. I check mine out about once a month and it barely has a scuff mark on it. I've been a K&N fanboy for years, so that's why I went with the Typhoon. Not that the others are sub quality. I think you get the same end result with just about any CAI. The chepaer ones will rust and sometimes the filter doesn't last long. The K&N has a reusable filter as well as a dry sock that helps prevent hydrolocking. Notice I said "helps", not "prevents". The K&N is a good choice. I think most people avoid it because it's generally more expensive than most.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I have the complete cold air intake but i cant seem to make it fit as a short ram. Which is should or so it says. and i threw away the directions which sucks but yeah it fits

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.