Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if shaded/smoked tails are illegal here? I heard they were a long time ago, but never got a sure answer. Also... What's the legal limit on window tint? I've heard 15 and 25, but once again... Never a sure answer.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

And **** me, 35%? Guess I'm getting it done illegally. 35% isn't even worth paying for. I didn't see anything on there about taillights, though. :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
thats all i could find...lol...and umm just FYI, more than a majority of people get their tint illegal anyway...i got 20%...some go even darker...

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I emailed a tinting website and asked them, and all they could tell me was that laws vary for different states. Like I didn't already know that...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Depends on what kinda city you live in. I live in a college town that has students from all over, so they are lenient on the tinting. I have 20% and have only been asked once about it. Though the only reason was that it was 2 in the morning and a cop was trying to start conversation to see if I was drunk. Of course I was so I got the hell outta there. Anyway, it seems the bigger the city the better your chances are of not getting a tint ticket. Probably SOL if you live in a small town and stick out.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I live in a mid-size town. However, there are people from all over the world here. Not only is there a university here, but I also live about 10 minutes from one of the largest Army posts in the country.

I think I'm going to go 20%, though. I know tons of people with 5%, 20%, etc. and I've never heard of someone around here getting stopped for tint. So **** it. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I here ya! Take a look at my profile, mine with 20% should be there. I think, if that's your car, we have same color. Just so you get an idea. I'm using 3M tint.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've known people to get tickets for their tint in Nashville, but I've known several who haven't. I have fading mirror (now illegal) and never been questioned in 5 years. It's hit or miss, just don't piss off the cops and you'll be fine with 20%.

As far as tails, I think the official law is that blacked out headlights AND/OR taillights at night is illegal, but it's never enforced. It was made into law when blackout headlight covers became popular in the mid-90's... don't know of anybody who enforces it though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts