Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '04 GT is a hand-me-down (a good frickin' hand-me-down if you ask me!) and my brother put in a few simple mods and I'd like some opinions

SSA Headers. How are those? Legit?

Greddy Evo 2 dual exhaust. How is that? Legit?

Injen SRI. I know that's legit.

IMO, my tib sounds like a beast. My friends give me compliments but what do you guys think? I'm going to try and get some videos up soon to get some feedback.

I know you guys get a grip of these questions, sorry. I'm still knew to all this!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Sounds like you got a damn good I/H/E setup. All those parts are well made/designed. Your ready to go race some civics man good luck out there.

·
Registered
792 Posts
haha nice wish i got hand-me-downs like tht lol

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks man, I'm hitting the track on the 21st, can't wait.

Where do I go from here? I've read about cams and engine mounts, what can you tell me about that stuff?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
If your wanting to invest start with the basics. Poly motor mounts, suspension, staged manifolds and BBTB. reflash ecu for your I/H/E setup.

·
Dedication to Thai Cuisine
7,687 Posts
yeah thats a pretty average decent I/H/E setup. I would worry about smog though, seeing as how you live in california.. unless you know some people. Engine mounts are pretty much a must for anything above stock power, I would get those. Cams are great if you are planning on staying N/A.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do plan on staying N/A, turbo or SC is not my thing.

What kind of cams would you suggest? How much would engine mounts cost me?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Yeah, as said above you'll need to keep smog tests in mind unless you gots the hookups! Any header will not pass emissions and the I/E needs to be Carb approved to pass but I would think that those two that you have are.

Go read some of the threads and the stickys in this N/A section to learn more about N/A setups and what you can do with the Tib.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I got a similar setup, but I got the tsudo cataback designed after the evo exhaust but I got motor mounts, and a aftermarket clutch and Fw, I highly suggest the Light weight fly wheel I felt a hugh diffence when i upgraded that, and like every 1 else said, a bbtb and upper and lower IM ( if you got that kinda money) and tune and throw in a high flow cat to stay legal, the funny thing is im giving my borther my car its a 03 gt 5spd, hahaha me and your bro got the same style, ;) cheers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts