Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so i came across some Rockford Fosgate 6 1/2" speakers, i installed them using the O.E mounts(speakers were too small to use themselves) yes, the OE speakers come apart if you melt the plastic welds, but anyway, what color wire is positive and negative?? because i have the white wire on the pos. side, and now those Rockfords are loud, but but have no midrange hardly at all. its a dual cone speaker, with the tweeter in the middle. the OE speakers would vibrate the doors, but now those others dont even come close. do i have the wires backwards, or is the OE JBL's better?? pleases advise???

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
usually this is how it goes... white or red is positive and black is negative... now if you removed the mounting bracket from the speakers in your door that your OEM ones were connected to then ya made a mistake...

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, i did remove the mounting brackets, but only to re-use them. i installed the Fosgates on the OE mounts. but i am assuming i have the wires hooked up right.( wh.=pos. brown=neg.)
now like i said, the Fosgates sound good and all, but not near as much midrange. is it possible the OE amp cant push the Fosgates as hard as the paper cone JBL's? oh well. i might have another idea up my sleeve..hehehehe... :3_yes:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Plastic welds.... ooops.. i just cut the speaker into a ring and screwed my focals into them.

try taking the fronts and bridging them to the rear if your amps is capable of bridging. that will tell you if you need more power

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
generally speaking, oem speakers will sound like they have more bass, just because they're paper and easily powered. aftermarkets will sound better, but require more to move them.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
hmm... well when i installed my 6 1/2s in my doors i used some extra speaker wire and connected it to the right wires.. then just corresponded em correctly with the speaker... not sure why they wouldnt sound quite right on your speakers..

as far as being able to push the speakers... i got alpine type s in mine... i was going to get infinity but they were sold old... heh... but they can push my speakers just fine.. and sounds great.. but when im on the driver side it sounds like more is comin from the right.. but thats just because its not blocked by me..

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, i have a small "cheapy" amp i may hook up to the Fosgates, i believe the stock amp just cant push them as hard as the OE's. so im gonna experiment this weekend and find out. thanx guys!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts