Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked through Stage 0 installation thread (http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57386) even though mine is a Stage 1. I wanted to get an idea of what I need to be prepared for. So, you guys tell me if this is right:

Supplies:
electrical tape
14 Gauge wire (to extend wiring harnesses)
New Upper IM Gasket

RTV Silicone? (Will I need it, if I have a new IM Gasket?)
Teflon Thread tape for relocating the air temp sensor (Is this better than just using silicone?)

BIG Questions:

How hard is it to move the Power Steering hoses, and is there a risk of kinking them?

Throttle Body coolant hoses, must those be removed or should I just loop them? If I loop them, how do I connect the ends of the hose?

The biggest question I have relates to relocating the Air Temperature sensor to the Air Intake. I looked at a thread that briefly explained it, but I didn't come away feeling like I knew what to do.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
You don't need to extend any wires. T.C. said it himself. Just carefully cut the tape that wraps around the wires and they should be able to extend to where you need them.

P/S hoses move pretty easily. They are made of pretty thick metal, so they don't kink very easily.

You can connect the T/B coolant lines together using an inline adapter for two hoses. Go to homedepot, you'll find something that works.

AIT is pretty simple. I drilled a hole in my Injen intake, got a grommet from homedepot that fit the sensor snuggly, and then just popped both in. Has worked great since, not a single problem.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
the biggest thing david is on the TB Bypass is too just pull the shortest of the two hoses off and run the longer of the two back to where the oth pulled off that's how i did mine

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice Josh.

I've been looking at the instructions I downloaded from www.alpine-developments.us and I feel pretty confident I should be able to do this fairly quickly. I just spent an hour reading the instructions and looking in my engine bay to get a mental picture of what I need to do and it looks pretty straight forward actually. So, hopefully, I shouldn't have any problems. The only question marks will be the installation of the air temperature sensor in my intake. I'm not sure how I'm going to manage that, but if worse comes to worse I can always use my stock intake tubing the way they do in the Alpine instructions.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
dave all you have to do is drill and tap the CAI pipe on the install cut into the harness and pull the wire out, that's how we did mine

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
04_GTV6 said:
dave all you have to do is drill and tap the CAI pipe on the install cut into the harness and pull the wire out, that's how we did mine
Would I have to buy a tap set to thread the hole? Did you use teflon thread tape (like the kind you use for plumbing)? Other guys have just put grommets... which I'm not sure where to even find those at Home Depot, or what size to get.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
aLiEn_sPoReZ said:
Would I have to buy a tap set to thread the hole? Did you use teflon thread tape (like the kind you use for plumbing)? Other guys have just put grommets... which I'm not sure where to even find those at Home Depot, or what size to get.
Just take the sensor to homedepot, and tell them you need a gromet that fits around this (hand them the sensor). Then, get whatever size that fits snugly around the sensor, and buy a drill bit that will be as big as the outerdiameter of the grommet. Drill the hole, pop the grommet in, pop the sensor in. Done.

Tapping is another way to go, but the metal used for intakes is generally so thin, it wouldn't be your best route.

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
openthewell said:
Just take the sensor to homedepot, and tell them you need a gromet that fits around this (hand them the sensor). Then, get whatever size that fits snugly around the sensor, and buy a drill bit that will be as big as the outerdiameter of the grommet. Drill the hole, pop the grommet in, pop the sensor in. Done.
THANKS!!! I appreciate it, that's exactly what I'll do!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts