Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im feeling so inspired after getting my hids put in.. i dont kno what to do next lol

was thinkin about tints..
so.. i have some questions

idk how they range in colors and darkness
idk anything bout price
or how long it takes to get it done

i cant have too black because the po in my town will rape me with tickets soooo bad.

i appreciate anyy help guys thanks so much

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and heres a really crappy, but the first pic so far of my new hids. 6000k yay
and i replaced the highbeams with halogens

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
I'm pretty sure the Jersey law is no tint on the drivers and passengers windows. I went 15% all around which is pretty dark. The lower the % the darker it is. I know in PA %30 is the legal darkest. There are lots of colors but i would stick with black. (black on black looks great!) I paid $200 for my tint and its quality! You can find some cheaper but be sure its good so it doesnt peel, bubble or turn purple.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i wasnt really plannin on gettin the legal nj tints but does that mean i wont pass inspection or ill just get tickets if a cop notices or somethin..?

yea i want black im not rly into all the colorss

and wow 200 is not bad at all i thought it was like 1000 dollass

·
Banned
1,074 Posts
Not to sure if you will pass inspections as we dont have inspection here. If you get a lighter tint like 35% im sure the cops wont give you that much of a hassle but if you go darker it will be more noticable and you will most likely get pulled over. And $1000?! sheesh that better be tinted with gold and installed by the pope. Most installers will charge you around the $200 range

·
Registered
7,659 Posts
15%... black tib.... wouldn't have wanted to go much lighter.

·
Banned
1,988 Posts
idk what % mine are because they went by stages but its dark lol got mine for 140 for all the windows and a lifetime warrenty so if u look hard enough u will find sum good deals

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
so can i just go any made up number from 15% to 35%? is it like 15 20 25... somethin like that?

And $1000?! sheesh that better be tinted with gold and installed by the pope. Most installers will charge you around the $200 range
that cracked me up.. im glad to hear i can afford this lol

and a lifetime warranty sounds amazingg

·
Banned
1,074 Posts
so can i just go any made up number from 15% to 35%? is it like 15 20 25... somethin like that?

and a lifetime warranty sounds amazingg
depends what the shop has and how they lable their tints. Like CT said his went by stages. Most go with % though. If i were you i would get 15% in the rear and a lighter tint such as 35% up front just because NJ laws say no tint up front.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
depends what the shop has and how they lable their tints. Like CT said his went by stages. Most go with % though. If i were you i would get 15% in the rear and a lighter tint such as 35% up front just because NJ laws say no tint up front.
oohh thats sick i didnt kno ya cud do that.. so they really do all the windows? like the hatch and windshield? (lol is that a dumb question?) my badd haha

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
oohh thats sick i didnt kno ya cud do that.. so they really do all the windows? like the hatch and windshield? (lol is that a dumb question?) my badd haha
They will tint whatever you want them to lol they dont give a sh!t most the time just ask them what is legal and go from there i know for me you cant tint the windshield and why would you want to but i have 25% all the way around and like it.

·
Banned
1,074 Posts
lol yeah they would do all the windows you want. I wouldnt tint the windshield tho as that would be too obvious to cops that you have your fronts tinted. But just tell them you want the hatch rear and fronts done and they will do it

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
k. wow this completely made my day. 200 bucks is completelyy do-able

and does any one have any pics of their tints?

thankss everyonee

·
Registered
7,659 Posts
no you can't just go in and be like "i want 29%" tint.... usually they have different sheets with different %'s... like 50%, 35%, 15% (or 20%), 5%, etc. You pick one and usually it costs about $200 for a good place with a "lifetime warranty." Whatever the shops chooses to interpret that as. Some angles make it incredibly dark (and at night good luck being seen through the windows). But during the day it isn't too terrible.

15%.... later in the afternoon.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Man I just took my 10000K HIDs out yesterday :( I got pulled over twice in 1 week! I guess cops dont like that pretty blue :(

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lol yea i didnt think it wud be like 29% obviouslyy but thankss soo much for showing me it on a black tib.. and thanx CT tibby alsoo

·
Registered
740 Posts
honestly i dont know anybody who paid 200 for their tints.. most i ave honestly heard of from people i know is maybe 150.. i know legit places that will do it for as low as 100 and still do a good job with a warranty.. ask around with people you know who have tints. thats the best way rather than just walkin in some shop and getting it done..
uhhh most people i know have tints in the 15-20 percent range... my bf has 15% and in the year i have known him he hasnt been stopped once for it.
as long as youre not driving around like a jerk off you wont get ticketed for it prolly.

and duh sugardaddy... blue lights any where on a moving car is illegal.. 10k are retarded imho

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
honestly i dont know anybody who paid 200 for their tints.. most i ave honestly heard of from people i know is maybe 150.. i know legit places that will do it for as low as 100 and still do a good job with a warranty.. ask around with people you know who have tints. thats the best way rather than just walkin in some shop and getting it done..
uhhh most people i know have tints in the 15-20 percent range... my bf has 15% and in the year i have known him he hasnt been stopped once for it.
as long as youre not driving around like a jerk off you wont get ticketed for it prolly.

and duh sugardaddy... blue lights any where on a moving car is illegal.. 10k are retarded imho
thanks sooo much yea i def wana do it. and im glad to hear how cheap i can prolly find it =]

·
Registered
740 Posts
yeah i mean, as some of the other guys said, some of the cheaper places are def not good quality but ask around friends and get some prices and im sure you will find something totally affordable and still get a pretty good quality...

·
Banned
1,988 Posts

mine are 10k and i havent been stopped once

1 - 20 of 24 Posts