Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally I made the decision to go forced induction...on my automatic =D. Just a few questions

The Sniper can fit onto my 03 automatic stock right and work fine with nothing other than with what comes in the kit?

It'll boost my car to above 200+whp?

How long will it take to install / how easy?

If I pay a store to install it how much will it cost?

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Finally I made the decision to go forced induction...on my automatic =D. Just a few questions

The Sniper can fit onto my 03 automatic stock right and work fine with nothing other than with what comes in the kit?Yes

It'll boost my car to above 200+whp?Pretty sure it will

How long will it take to install / how easy?Not sure

If I pay a store to install it how much will it cost?A lot

·
Registered
4,351 Posts

The Sniper can fit onto my 03 automatic stock right and work fine with nothing other than with what comes in the kit?

Answer on these 2 will be subjective - I have seen reports of a little over 200 horses with the Sniper - and I have seen reports of 240 whp with a Sniper - both claiming to be base kits - Being in the 240 whp range will require more fuel and tuning - or bad stuff is going to happen

Someone versed in an S/C install could do it in a matter of hours, by yourself with the proper tools, assume a good 6 to 8 hours

Average cost would be in the $75 an hour range - so depends on thier skill level on "how long it will take" - but be very afraid of it taking longer than they think and it costing you more - expect around 300 for a good shop, and as much as 600 or more for a shop with little exp. on aftermarket installs

·
Registered
2,218 Posts

Hello,

The Sniper makes 200+ whp with 3-5lbs of boost. We have a car in Puerto rico that made 227whp with 4lbs of boost and the stock injectors. We also have a car in the states that made 240whp with fuel tuner 310cc injectors, headers and catback with 4-5lbs of boost tuned. Both of these cars are running the set up without intercooling. Upgrading to our Ice Box resevoir as budget allows will yield higher numbers at the same boost level.

The kit was designed to work on a bone stock Tiburon without any mods what so ever. The only thing I suggest is that you install some sort of mounts. We offer a solid billet front mount which is all you will need. This limits the engine movement due to the new found torque.

At NGM, we get $350.00 for the install, so you can base your install off of that. All in all it is a very sweet kit and completely upgradeable. Hope that answers som of your questions.

Thanks T.C.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Hello,

The Sniper makes 200+ whp with 3-5lbs of boost. We have a car in Puerto rico that made 227whp with 4lbs of boost and the stock injectors. We also have a car in the states that made 240whp with fuel tuner 310cc injectors, headers and catback with 4-5lbs of boost tuned. Both of these cars are running the set up without intercooling. Upgrading to our Ice Box resevoir as budget allows will yield higher numbers at the same boost level.

The kit was designed to work on a bone stock Tiburon without any mods what so ever. The only thing I suggest is that you install some sort of mounts. We offer a solid billet front mount which is all you will need. This limits the engine movement due to the new found torque.

At NGM, we get $350.00 for the install, so you can base your install off of that. All in all it is a very sweet kit and completely upgradeable. Hope that answers som of your questions.

Thanks T.C.
www.tiburonespr.com/id/^tibu^

·
Registered
1,495 Posts

Get the sniper, you won't regret it!

·
Banned
2,031 Posts

The alpine barely made over 200 whp on the autos, so the sniper being more efficient I'd say it should. We'll all find out soon

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
so if I drove down to FL with 3000$ cash in hand you could do everything for me?

Drive to Tulsa Oklahoma I will install it for you for $300 no problem... I can do it any day of the week.

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
Drive to Tulsa Oklahoma I will install it for you for $300 no problem... I can do it any day of the week.
Idk about this guy. Looks like he's only done a assassin install and seems to lack alot of expierence. Theres some talk about him being a NGM hater also though pms :3_plzdie:

Your probably better off just going to florida lol

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
how far is tulsa from houston tx, relaly far

MapQuest said 395miles and 8 hours. T.C. lives in south FL. He would prolly rather you come to Tulsa that way he gets the money and doesnt have to do the work.. lol

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Idk about this guy. Looks like he's only done a assassin install and seems to lack alot of expierence. Theres some talk about him being a NGM hater also though pms :3_plzdie:

WRONG!!! lol I have done a Sniper!!! lol

·
Registered
464 Posts
sniper rocks

·
Registered
1,495 Posts

lmao, thats like the funniest thing ever.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts

Hello,

I think you have the wrong guy. John is a major NGM fan boy and helps me with a lot of customers especially in the support department. So, you definitely have the wrong guy. He has the Assassin equipped Tib that has run 12.82 @ 105.36 and has done the install on the Sniper equipped Tib that has made 240whp and run 14.0 @ 98mph, so he is definitely qualified in the install and run a BAD @SS time department.

Thanks T.C.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Hello,

I think you have the wrong guy. John is a major NGM fan boy and helps me with a lot of customers especially in the support department. So, you definitely have the wrong guy. He has the Assassin equipped Tib that has run 12.82 @ 105.36 and has done the install on the Sniper equipped Tib that has made 240whp and run 14.0 @ 98mph, so he is definitely qualified in the install and run a BAD @SS time department.

Thanks T.C.
I think Lost was kiddin, Tim...:3_wink:

I think...

Sometimes i just dont know. heh.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts