Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just wondering if i need to get an alignment after i change the front camber by maybe -1º or so on the SS-P. Anyone know?

·
Registered
406 Posts
You really should. I forget the exact number but for every bit of negative/positive camber added your Toe will change a certain amount. I know this from experience. If you adjust a bunch of camber make sure to have your Toe set back to zero. Toe is the killer of tires. Most people see inside wear and call it "camber wear" when in actuality they have hardly enough camber to cause rapid wear.

so take it in...

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You really should. I forget the exact number but for every bit of negative/positive camber added your Toe will change a certain amount. I know this from experience. If you adjust a bunch of camber make sure to have your Toe set back to zero. Toe is the killer of tires. Most people see inside wear and call it "camber wear" when in actuality they have hardly enough camber to cause rapid wear.

so take it in...
cool, thanks for the tip. i was contemplating about taking it in but just needed that xtra info

·
Registered
579 Posts
you need to adjust the camber from the plates....how i did it was....well two ways...one is probably the correct way and the othe way not. remember you MUST ADJUST CAMBER FIRST then toe.

1. real way...loosen up the four bolts on top...lift the car (the alignment rack should have a lift built into it) after the weight is released move it and tighten and recheck.

2. used a wrench (of approriate size...19 or 22mm cant remember off hand) loosen the bolts and use the wrench on the nut...while tapping it slighty with a rubber mallet...watch on the screen and tighten it down when you reached the correct degrees.

for the rear camber (i'm getting them in the very near future) you will need ingalls rear control arms (two sets) and then you can adjust the camber by moving both bars out at the same time...then adjust the toe with the rearward arm. they are thickier, stronger , and have poly bushings at the ends.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts