Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just a quick question. This is the first time doing a clutch on my car, got the transmission off and clutch off, but the strange part is ive never seen a flywheel that looks like this. I dont know if the flywheel is broken or if its just supposed to be like this, but the center part of the flywheel, ( the innner part thats about 8 inches diameter) is loose like its almost not attatched. Cant seem to get ti free by hand but before i start doing anything drastic i needed to ask you guys if this is familiar or normal to you? Is it supposed to be loose or is this bad? lol thanks

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Yeah it's a dual mass flywheel, it's supposed to be like that. The friction surface kinda floats on a spring to dampen the clutch engagement. Instead of just going with a regular flywheel and a sprung clutch disc, Hyundai decided a sprung flywheel and solid clutch disc was better. lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it's a dual mass flywheel, it's supposed to be like that. The friction surface kinda floats on a spring to dampen the clutch engagement. Instead of just going with a regular flywheel and a sprung clutch disc, Hyundai decided a sprung flywheel and solid clutch disc was better. lol
well i was having to double clutch every gear, wouldnt shift at all, and the clutch would not disengage very well. the clutch looked fine for the most part as well as the flywheel. ugh i hope i figure out what the problem is

1 - 3 of 3 Posts