Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so ive been searching now for an hour and still cant find my answer. is the b&m height of the actual shifter shorter? i know the the ark is 2 inches shorter but is the b&m shorter as well. and is the tinking of the ark really that loud/anoying? also i have a sparco shift knob...will this fit the ark and or b&m or basstibs? any input would is helpfull! thanx guys

also do the metal bushings come with the ark or basstibs like b7m does? if not where can i get them at?

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
yes the B&M is shorter, i believe it is also 2" but im not 100% sure on that.
No the ARK is not annoying, i have it. If the ping noise bothers you hold the lock out a lil when you shift (thats what i do)
no the basstib and ark do not come with bushings.

you can get one set from
http://www.twmperformance.com/bushingkits/index.htm
and the other from
http://www.allwheelengineering.com/basket/catalog.cgi?query_net_id=kartboy&query_class=KB-E006

^pretty sure you cant get both from there, and im pretty sure B&M doesnt come with both
hope that helps

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
yes the B&M is shorter, i believe it is also 2" but im not 100% sure on that.
No the ARK is not annoying, i have it. If the ping noise bothers you hold the lock out a lil when you shift (thats what i do)
no the basstib and ark do not come with bushings.
word for word ditto

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
I don't have any pinging from my ARK sts. This thing can be extrememly short since it's adjustable.

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
I don't have any pinging from my ARK sts. This thing can be extrememly short since it's adjustable.
I have a ARK...didnt know it adjusted?

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Haha,
The height of the stick is adjustable. You just have to loosin the lower nut on the shaft. Spin it to raise or lower it to your desired height and the tighten the nut to lock it in place.

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
Haha,
The height of the stick is adjustable. You just have to loosin the lower nut on the shaft. Spin it to raise or lower it to your desired height and the tighten the nut to lock it in place.
hmmmmm you lost me. :3_confuse

The shaft as in the actual shifter? Its solid with no nuts....lol

Unless I am missing something :3_slapen:

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
I like ping.........

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
I got the B&M....no ping . Stupid question ..............but why would the shifter ping (head tilt):3_confuse

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
I got the B&M....no ping . Stupid question ..............but why would the shifter ping (head tilt):3_confuse
Its solid aluminum and the reverse lockout has is a little bigger than the shifter shaft so it pings when you shift. If you put some felt around the shifter so it fit snug it wouldnt.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I got BASSTIB's shifter. I'd have to say mine is the shortest shifter any of my friends or I have ever seen. Now I just need to get my butt in gear and order bushings from kartboy.

Truthfully I'd say buy basstib's, that way you are supporting the community and you save yourself about $70.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts