Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

· Registered
1,731 Posts
Sinse we've had so many threads pop up lately with dumb racing acts maybe we should make some suggestions/rules on how to post and not get flamed...

1. Don't ever bring ethnics into it. Example: "The car had ____ and _____, must have been a ____ person driving"

2. Don't race in traffic. Its dumb. If you and the other car want to race somewhere quiet that is fine. Just know you're putting both your cars and lives in each other's hands if something goes wrong. Its not right to put other innocent people in danger who are just driving down the road.

3. Don't race when it's raining/snowing/ice/foggy. If i need to explain then good luck staying alive.

4. Don't blow through red lights while racing. You never know who is coming the other way and a T-bone accident at high speeds proves deadly for both parties.

5. Don't be a sore loser. If you win, cool, keep driving, don't cut them off, "brake check", or throw the finger up after. Remember every time you do something stupid and childish you make all people driving Tibs, and people who drive modified cars period, look like that.

6. When you post in this section use some common grammar so we can understand what you're saying and remember most of us drive Tibs, so we know shifting at 7500 RPMs can't happen on a stock ECU or going 160 mph so don't try and make some crazy story up...

7. This is a forum with lots of people and lots of knowledge, don't get upset if someone doesn't believe you when you supposedly beat a car that is 1.5 seconds faster in the 1/4 mile and you're stock.

8. If you lose a race (which not many people will fess up to), you shouldn't do ricer flybys, give the finger, or rev up on them, or especially try racing again and again....UNLESS....you had a legitimate problem ie: clutch failure, death in the family, car blow up, etc. Go out with class, admit your defeat, and just be cool about it. That last little bit about racing again and again is null and void unless you are racing friends and you guys are just doing it for fun because you just want to race your buddies. (added by SuperSaiyan)

· Registered
2,524 Posts
Re: Racing Rules:

Good call!

I think it should also be said that if you lose a race (which not many people will fess up to), you shouldn't do ricer flybys, give the finger, or rev up on them, or especially try racing again and again....UNLESS....you had a legitimate problem ie: clutch failure, death in the family, car blow up, etc. Go out with class, admit your defeat, and just be cool about it.

That last little bit about racing again and again is null and void unless you are racing friends and you guys are just doing it for fun because you just want to race your buddies.

Thanks for adding my comment! This should be read by all who want to street or strip race!

· Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

good call. i added it

· Registered
4,788 Posts

It would be nice if the people in my area would read this. Everytime they lose, they gotta flip ya the bird and ride your a**. I dont get it, I lose lotsa times. I just smile, nodd and use the experience to motivate me to make my car faster.

Nice thread :3_yes:

· Registered
653 Posts

Well said. You have pretty much captured my driving ethos perfectly. All of the time I see threads where people do things to violate these rules, and it always leaves me shaking my head. Number two is probably the one that really pisses me off more than anything. It’s all well and good when we race and put our lives in danger. It’s our decision to race, and so we accept the consequences of our actions. But when you choose to race in traffic (and especially those folks who weave through traffic to get to a race) you’re making the decision to put others at risk, and that’s way beyond irresponsible. There’s a special place in Hell reserved for those who injure uninvolved motorists by weaving through traffic or racing when the roads are crowded.

Number five is the other one that is a personal pet peeve of mine. I’m big on respect, and so it really gets under my skin when I read about people who will win a race against a car that they knew stood no chance and, in spite of the other driver being cool about losing, will still give the guy a thumbs down for the crime of daring to challenge a faster car to a race for a little harmless fun. If everyone has been conducting themselves civilly from start to finish, then why do people feel the need to spit all over the guy in the other car? I’d say 90% of the races I read about end with some variation of a ricer fly-by with the bird at maximum flippage, so why would you be an *** to those rare folks who are as gracious in defeat as they are in victory?

And, just to comment on number six, am I the only one who noticed the high degree of correlation between violation of number six and violation of one or more of the other rules? I don’t read a lot of well written, well thought out posts that involve weaving through traffic in the rain, cutting off a middle-aged woman in a Civic, then flipping her the bird while flashing the hazards in celebration of your uber-pwnage…

· Registered
4,788 Posts

ARCguy said:
I don’t read a lot of well written, well thought out posts that involve weaving through traffic in the rain, cutting off a middle-aged woman in a Civic, then flipping her the bird while flashing the hazards in celebration of your uber-pwnage…
rofl, that a hoot. old lady = pwned!!

· Swim away fishes...
6,246 Posts
Re: Racing Rules: Prolong you're misguided life

Stickied! I fixed the small grammatical errors and added a subtitle to cite the obvious point that ANY racing on the street is dumb.

I know there's a lot of foolishness out on the streets, and though some of this may seem obvious, surprisingly, it isn't to a lot of people. So, hopefully this can make even a small difference in convincing these people to go to the track and keep it off the public roads.

· Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Race on the Street? Read these tips and prolong your misguided life

thanks for the grammar fix and sticky. i posted this while at work inbetween doing things so i didnt get a change for proof reading and as most of u seen (including this post) grammar isnt something i practice on car forums much.

Seriously if u feel the need to race, and u dont want to go to the tracks. Wait till Saturday/ Sunday nights late and go to business district on a road (not used by people as a cut through between to major roads) and do your thing. That way its just you 2 and no1 else to get hurt

104 Posts

-1 to the good call... This wont help people break thier stupid habbits, everybody knows racing in the rain is stupid but people will still do it.. Smart threads wont stop stupid people.. And you can quote me on that..

· Swim away fishes...
6,246 Posts

RedAutomaticTiburon said:
-1 to the good call... This wont help people break thier stupid habbits, everybody knows racing in the rain is stupid but people will still do it.. Smart threads wont stop stupid people.. And you can quote me on that..
You're right, this won't stop people...but it won't encourage people either. They're already doing it. And for those thinking about it, maybe this will help their undeveloped driving habits. If this was Utopia, we wouldn't need to make posts about a lot of things.

And as requested:
Smart threads wont stop stupid people..
:p

· Registered
629 Posts

the driver of the integra (in my opinion) unfortinatly survived the crash.
Who the helI do you think you are? That's not your call to make. You are in the wrong there pal, might want to edit that, I don't care if it's your opinion or not.

· Registered
1,038 Posts

receiver09 said:
Who the helI do you think you are? That's not your call to make. You are in the wrong there pal, might want to edit that, I don't care if it's your opinion or not.
I'm with you on that. It's not unfortunate to survive an accident that should have killed you. The kid probably learned his lesson. At least I know I would

· Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

we have a maxima and civic racing not to long ago on the interstate. the civic blew a tire, glanced the front of a mini van hit the median wall came back accross the interstate and got T - boned by the maxima. The maxima front bumper was through the car sitting on the driver seat. it killed the driver and later discovered the passenger was dead (obviously) but thy didnt know there was a passenger till they pulled them apart. the guy in the maxima was pretty banged up.

The mini van ended up hitting the wall and the lady suffered moderate injuries from the impact on the wall and glass shattering along with airbad deployment.

2 dead, 2 injured

· Registered
2,318 Posts

im gonna drink alot and drive really fast in the rain after reading this, just because I cant conform to the standards set forth by the facist government.

· Registered
2,524 Posts

phlash said:
im gonna drink alot and drive really fast in the rain after reading this, just because I cant conform to the standards set forth by the facist government.

Be sure to put me in your last will and testament as the new owner of all your stuff after you are killed in your car while speeding in the rain with a beer in one hand and a colt revolver in the other hand shooting it out the winow in protest of your facist government. Heck, just put some TNT in your car and drive it into a govt building while you're at it.

j/k

laugh..........it was a joke!

· Registered
104 Posts

Stick it to The Man!

The Man has been keeping us down far too long!

Now it's our turn Ronald McDonald!

· Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

ummm what?

· Registered
2,724 Posts

05Tib said:
Sinse we've had so many threads pop up lately with dumb racing acts maybe we should make some suggestions/rules on how to post and not get flamed...

1. Don't ever bring ethnics into it. Example: "The car had ____ and _____, must have been a ____ person driving"

2. Don't race in traffic. Its dumb. If you and the other car want to race somewhere quiet that is fine. Just know you're putting both your cars and lives in each other's hands if something goes wrong. Its not right to put other innocent people in danger who are just driving down the road.

3. Don't race when it's raining/snowing/ice/foggy. If i need to explain then good luck staying alive.

4. Don't blow through red lights while racing. You never know who is coming the other way and a T-bone accident at high speeds proves deadly for both parties.

5. Don't be a sore loser. If you win, cool, keep driving, don't cut them off, "brake check", or throw the finger up after. Remember every time you do something stupid and childish you make all people driving Tibs, and people who drive modified cars period, look like that.

6. When you post in this section use some common grammar so we can understand what you're saying and remember most of us drive Tibs, so we know shifting at 7500 RPMs can't happen on a stock ECU or going 160 mph so don't try and make some crazy story up...
7. This is a forum with lots of people and lots of knowledge, don't get upset if someone doesn't believe you when you supposedly beat a car that is 1.5 seconds faster in the 1/4 mile and you're stock.

8. If you lose a race (which not many people will fess up to), you shouldn't do ricer flybys, give the finger, or rev up on them, or especially try racing again and again....UNLESS....you had a legitimate problem ie: clutch failure, death in the family, car blow up, etc. Go out with class, admit your defeat, and just be cool about it. That last little bit about racing again and again is null and void unless you are racing friends and you guys are just doing it for fun because you just want to race your buddies. (added by SuperSaiyan)
i hate you.....
please understand, that we all drive tibs YES, BUT, some MORE modified then others.....
Chase

· Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

well yeah i understand but with my mods 7500 redline wont happen. when some1 comes on here and says i have CAI and custom catback and they run up to 7500 and shift or go up 160 on the highway is what im talking about

1 - 20 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.