Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
653 Posts
umm, well.... that's going to be hard to answer considering we don't know what racing seats you are talking about. Generally, racing seats aren't designed for comfort. They are designed to hold you in better. I'm not too familiar with the 2000 seats, but I'm willing to bet that they sit more comfortably than most racing seats, unless your spending some serious money on some Recaro DC2's or something
 

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
Joined
·
5,714 Posts
You may want to ask that question at www.rdtiburon.com

Generally speaking, stock seats are more comfortable for daily driving.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,246 Posts
IMHO racing seats are meant for weight reduction. not for comfort. But im pretty shure theres some nice looking racing seats out there. Just get ready too pay over a grand. IMO not worth it. Unless your making your tibb for show. Or just plain want them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
733 Posts
Well i dont believe that racing seats are that much lighter then the stock ones! But like stated above racing seats are just for looks. Or if your car runs like maybe sub 12's on the 1/4.
Ken
 

·
Pete: The Man
Joined
·
4,366 Posts
Mine are more comfy than my old seats....but that from an 03.....and I paid a freakin fortune to have them, lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,872 Posts
I dont mind sitting in some racing seats like Recaro's or even Sparco's (which fit snugly) for a short period of time, but honestly I bought my Tib because I love the seats that are in it. Like everyone else said, prepare to pay through the *** for good racing seats.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,246 Posts
young tibby said:
Well i dont believe that racing seats are that much lighter then the stock ones! But like stated above racing seats are just for looks. Or if your car runs like maybe sub 12's on the 1/4.
Ken
Wow talk about you not KNOWING! don't talk out of your mouth if you don't know what your saying!

Theres Racing seats that weigh in 10lbs. And for Hardcore theres Even lighter!

The Stock seats weigh ALOT. How much i would have too guess with air bags close too 50lbs But don't Quote me. I'm sure someone knows for sure. I just gave you a good guess.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
733 Posts
TATTOO said:
Wow talk about you not KNOWING! don't talk out of your mouth if you don't know what your saying!

Theres Racing seats that weigh in 10lbs. And for Hardcore theres Even lighter!

The Stock seats weigh ALOT. How much i would have too guess with air bags close too 50lbs But don't Quote me. I'm sure someone knows for sure. I just gave you a good guess.
Well the nicer seats that Sparco or Corbeau have weigh like 30 pounds or so? Plus the brackets. I believe the stock seats weigh slightly less then 50 pounds, but i do not know for sure.
So yea i guess around $1000 for a set of nice quality racing seats is worth saving 40 pounds!
Ken
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,246 Posts
young tibby said:
Well the nicer seats that Sparco or Corbeau have weigh like 30 pounds or so? Plus the brackets. I believe the stock seats weigh slightly less then 50 pounds, but i do not know for sure.
So yea i guess around $1000 for a set of nice quality racing seats is worth saving 40 pounds!
Ken
Atleast your learning now lol You can find sparcos for around $300 there just not ''Good looking'' You gotta remember there racing seats. But of course they also make ''Good looking ones''

Heres a link http://sparcousa.com/pseats_comp.asp?id=176 Now the ''good looking ones'' you find lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
733 Posts
Well when i refer to "the good looking ones" I mean the racing seats that have adjustible backs, siding brackets, lumbar support. The seats that would be comfortable. Now if you have a race car or an offroad vehicle the cheaper seat would be fine.

Here is a link to in my opinion "the good looking ones"

http://sparcousa.com/pseats_street.asp?id=193

If i could afford these i would love to get them.

Ken
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,246 Posts
young tibby said:
Well when i refer to "the good looking ones" I mean the racing seats that have adjustible backs, siding brackets, lumbar support. The seats that would be comfortable. Now if you have a race car or an offroad vehicle the cheaper seat would be fine.

Here is a link to in my opinion "the good looking ones"

http://sparcousa.com/pseats_street.asp?id=193

If i could afford these i would love to get them.

Ken
Yeah there you go man. Theres even nicer ones leather and everything.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top