Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I 2 of my friends have RX-8 And we decided to try them out. I raced the first rx-8 and it was close but I won then tryed my other friends and it was close to but he would pull on me and beat me by few car lengths. Then they both tryed eachother and the guy that beat me was way faster then the other rx-8 weird..... But a v6 tib does stand a chance against those fancy rx-8s :). Good kill and also my first loss...

·
Registered
1,172 Posts

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
If one of the RX-8's was an automatic.... that's why. They actually have different engines (auto RX-8's have around 20-25 bhp less) and the auto's redline at just 7000 instead of 9000 RPM's.

I never have understood why Mazda did this. It makes buying an automatic a waste of money.

- Tum
much agreed. the only way this is possible is if your friend suck at driving, even for an automatic, and they were scared to push their cars. my friend has an 05 rx-8 and never has a need to leave 4th gear on the highway, doing 85mph. that damn 9000 rpm limit.

·
Registered
282 Posts
i must say i if you won dont race again take the win and run, the next may not have the same out come. regardless the driver a win is a win

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
If one of the RX-8's was an automatic.... that's why. They actually have different engines (auto RX-8's have around 20-25 bhp less) and the auto's redline at just 7000 instead of 9000 RPM's.

I never have understood why Mazda did this. It makes buying an automatic a waste of money.

- Tum
No they don't have different engines, they just have different intake manifolds. Some are 4 port some are 6. The reason being why the autos have less power is because the auto tranny can't support higher rpms. And the peak power of the car is @ 8200. (which the rx8 auto could only get to 7500).

Don't blurt out facts that aren't true.

you are a ricer
+1, correct sir.

·
Registered
282 Posts
thanks i feel the love, i was lookiing out for his pride why post up something like this if you aint exstatic of what you did, why crush it

·
Registered
1,573 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Ask any racer..any real racer ..it doesn't matter if its an inch or a mile a win is a win !

Grannyshifting instead of double clutching like ur suppos 2 ...tisk tisk

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
FLAME ON!

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
When I see a rx-8 on the road, i just pull over and shut my engine off and hope he does not see me. those things are so fast they make a chevy cavalier look slow.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts