Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Raceland Coilovers great prices

96K views 1K replies 165 participants last post by  EL_ILEGAL_21 
#1 · (Edited)
For the record, If you have no intentions of buying these EX: do not even own a Tiburon, please click the back button now

Hey guys, I've noticed a LOT of mazda and vw guys are using Raceland coilovers.
I started looking into them and saw that they are $350-$400 shipped with pretty solid customer reviews in both the mazda and vw forums.

I know on the miata forums, the general review is that if you want to go low and don't plan on auto-x, these are the best "bang for your buck"... however there are always negative reviews saying "you get what you pay for" but from what it seems, those reviews are coming from guys who spent $1000 on a set of coilovers that do the exact same thing.

I emailed Cody Graham at raceland usa (cgraham@racelandus.com) and this is what he said:

Thank you for your e-mail. At the current time, our development team has not yet considered the Tiburon kits as requests have been few. However, any such considerations are based on demand and the feedback that we received from customers such as yourself. Please let those who are interested, know to shoot us an e-mail requesting the kit and keep an eye out for future developments. In addition, friend us on Facebook for future release announcements and promotions. If you should have any further questions, please let me know and thank you for your interest in Raceland USA.

So i figured I'd check with everyone on here and see how much interest we could generate.
From the looks of things, prices would be half of the cheapest coilover for our cars, but I am in no way associated with Raceland, so we would have to wait for an official price.

If you are interested, please express so in this thread along with sending a quick email to
cgraham@racelandus.com

Here is a link to the homepage:
http://www.racelandus.com/default.aspx

Really hoping this takes off

Note: they also make coilovers for subaru, audi, honda, and bmw.

I'll try to keep a list of interested members. If I miss anyone let me know.
01. L-ski
02. Jawzgt
03. Jaret
04. Black Tiburon
05. 03blktib03
06. speedy
07. foxracertlc
08. Doomsday Postcard
09. Morgans22
10. foxxkiller18
11. 01RD08GT
12. Promo (via facebook)
13. WTBaTibby
14. Koreandude
15. JetBlksharkeyes
16. will51
17. RetfirDMX
18. SLO6 Tibby SE
19. Osage
20. dlanes
21. 07se
22. JAAWS
23. Premium
24. markstibbyspot
25. clemu93
27. Schroder
28. CodyYork
29. ZeRoXcel
30. Ontariotibv6
31. TexasTiburon
32. octanerush
33. caconman424
34. Mr.asian
35. Silver_platinum
36. ph7ryan
37. Ottoelite
38. Regina
39. barnsey
40. tibw/6s
41. hedges
42. masterofboing
43. ravinaziankid
44. Lashes09
45. Dubcity28625
46. connor5848
47. PTCdrivesTIBBY
48. Sleepytib
49. Carnage_6791
50. us army m.p.
51. Trickrieder6
52. Delecroix
53. El_ilegal_21
54. aaronntt
55. Aussietibby
55. Nerv
56. Saikoi
57. Crazycook
58. Brittany_714
59. Carbonshark
60. TibbyMatt
61. codyb03tib
62. crockersblutib
63. Wade406
64. MaliceFox
65. Kman Tib
66. Wstuscani
67. Andbudzi
68. BF15 (maybe)
69. Kevinho
70. Bama370
71. Kutzo
72. Tibby07
73. Blackcasper2005
74. Falcon_w13

See less See more
#3 ·
Hmm, I'm thinking about coilovers. I bet they would perform better than stock, but I wonder how much you give up for the cost savings..

#10 ·
Not trying to be a dick here, just making on observation...wagtoda3rd would be an example of what i stated earlier... someone who 1.) hates on everything that has a budget price and 2.) only buys top dollar mods so he can then, hate on people who are trying to keep costs down but still like to mod.

Reviews have been posted that exceed 2 years of dd use. Once again, it seems like these would be for people that want to go low and don't plan on making it their track car....

I'll assume that you are not interested, regina, correct?]

so we have 3 interested members so far lol

#15 ·
Hmmm 350-400 seems super cheap for a coil-over setup but hey, what do I know.

What i DO know is that one typically drops 200-250 for springs and many don't purchase proper struts or can't 'cause companies like Eibach no-longer makes dampers designed for lowered vehicles. These leaves the person SOL and a improperly damped car = poo poo donkey puke suspension.

Furthermore, the least expensive full coilover kit is like the Megan racing for 700-800 bucks I believe. Thats a HUGE price gap.

So a 350-400 suspension for the average joe daily driver kinda fills the gap nicely. Hope it all works out!

Heck one day I might have to purchase a set if my Eibach Pro-Dampers ever take a dump. Suprisingly, 106k miles later they're still working!

#16 ·
i intend on weekend driving the tib...with the turbo and coilovers....i dont want to add many miles on the tib ...its an 06 with 60k so anything past that at the end of this year would be disappointing...so if i plan on driving only weekends...these coilovers should be more than enough ...anyone agree?

#19 ·
Should be more than enough it seems....

Taken from various areas of the website:

Tested Products: We manufacture and sell, fully tested products. Not only do we do extensive testing on the products we sell, but after having completed successful testing sessions, most of our products are shipped to the TUV to do road testing at very high speeds. After this is completed, the product is introduced into the market place. If the product has a critical part, we perform torsion tests as well. Most recently I tested the coil over kit for the Scion tC. For more then 3,000 miles I drove very fast and very hard over all types of roads without fail. We stand 100% behind the products we sell.

Warranty:
Raceland offers a 2 year warranty with free replacement if properly installed by a licensed mechanic. Raceland assumes no responsibility for any accident, injury, death or damage which may be related to disassembly of the product performed by non-Raceland mechanics.

In regards to their VW coilover kit:
Description:
The Raceland, VW MK2/MK3, full coilover system is ideal for the driver who is seeking high performance at an affordable price. Raceland coilovers are hands down the best coilover system for your dollar. Like all Raceland coilover systems, these have been designed to withstand the stresses of sport and competition driving. The suspension travel and damping force have been fully tested by professional rally drivers over thousands of miles and in the most brutal of environments. Drivers will feel an increase in stability and grip without jeopardizing overall ride quality. This system allows you to set the ride height to your desired level, without having to worry about the damping settings. The damper is optimized to the vehicle and the associated spring rates. The coil springs are epoxy powder coated for long life and the coilover is blue silver zinc plated to reduce surface corrosion. Raceland coilover systems will enhance the overall style, performance, and quality of your VW MKII/MKIII.

Facilities are located in Nevada & Belgium.

#20 · (Edited)
The difference between Raceland coils and Ksport, ARK, etc. is the adjustability of the coils. Racelands allow you to adjust ride height, and that's about it. BUT, it is a full coilover system replacing the whole assembly. Dampening is pre set and isn't able to be adjusted like the Ksports, ARK, etc. (which, I don't track my car so I have no need for it, as long as the dampening is stiffened). They can't adjust the camber either like the more expensive ones. I just want the adjustable ride height which these have.

I would just be worried the dampening isn't stiff enough.

#30 ·
ok well i tried this about 2 years ago and got nowhere great effort but it wont pan out. to many haters and not enough people will to try an "off-brand" to save a few bucks on a great kit. if it dont say ksport or ark no one is really going to go through with it. its all about tried and proven. no one wants to be that one guy. if the big names of nt say they are great, then guess what everyone follows suit like sheep. it dont matter if its $100 or $10000. convence the "sheep herders" to buy, then you might get raceland to make sets.

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167475

#31 ·
in all fairness, lets have some hope...we also have had new members who im sure would pick 300 or so coilovers over "brand name" stuff... im the bargain kind and i would mind seeing of these worked....could always just throw onthe stockers and let you guys know how that went... idk if that makes any sense and im sure it wont convince the sheep but its worth the try i think.

#32 ·
If we can get their attention and it's available for this kind of price I would definitely consider these over the H&R spring/KYB strut combo that I was planning for down the road

#33 ·
http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=23405

See post #24

And the rest of the thread seems legit to me.

I'm going for D2's however since I've worked with them already before and the product is great. I'd rather not take the risk since this would be the first kit for the Tib, lots of R&D would need to go into this to ensure a strong product and companies like ARK, D2, and Megan already have done the legwork for this.

GL.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.