Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1,261 - 1,280 of 1,310 Posts
:( sorry to hear that.
they're stiff. but i like it. i had it about 1/2 to 3/4th an inch lower, but had some rubbing so i raised it up again.
that said, i've got no fender rolling whatsoever. i really like these, even though my mom doesn't like the idea of making (what her definition of low is)a low car lower. i have yet to get the toe in/out checked, but so far i haven't encountered any pull in either direction.

Does anyone here have a general idea of how much camber each line on the camber plate represents?

I had a shop do my alignment after the install and I need less camber in the front. The rears are at -1 and the fronts at -0.5. I want to set the fronts at -1 as well since my fender liners are getting beat to crap after putting the front 25mm adapters back on. Might raise it up a little as well.

Fenders are rolled, rubbing is from the liners. I have 25mm adapters.

I just "eyeballed" more negative camber in the front to match the rears that are at -1; still rubs on dips. Fronts are 1.75" higher than lowest setting.

I noticed I'm starting to rub the liners in the back every so often as well. I've also noticed the coilovers seem to be loosening up quite a bit, which is fine for ride quality but bad if you want to be low since it will cause more travel on dips/bumps which leads to rubbing. I have no other option now but to raise her up some more.

lol racelands got a lot on their hands because tiburon owners are going nuts over these.
anyways, after teh springs settle in, you'll have to raise abotu half and inch to and inch all around to get back to the height you had it at when you installed the coilovers.

mine feel great, and i haven't even had a toe-in/out alignment done yet. (savin' up to get the alignment right now) on the lowest setting, they will get at least half the sidewall of my stock 16 inch tires tucked into the fenders. idk how low that is, but pretty low, if you ask me.

mine feel great, and i haven't even had a toe-in/out alignment done yet. (savin' up to get the alignment right now) on the lowest setting, they will get at least half the sidewall of my stock 16 inch tires tucked into the fenders. idk how low that is, but pretty low, if you ask me.
You def need to get a proper alignment, and not only for toe.

After I got mine done the camber markings on the plates were three lines different between the driver and passenger side even though they were both set for the same measured camber. This equated to around a full degree difference and explains why I had so many problems with my front end on the stock struts since there is no stock camber adjustment.

Also remember when you change camber it changes the toe. I just changed my camber from -0.5 in the front to -1 last week and I am already seeing feathering on both tires since the reduced camber caused toe-in. Now I need to go pay a shop just add some positive toe.

Changing the height will aso change the camber and toe, so make sure the height is really where you want it before you get the alignment. If you have it slammed now you might regret it later. I had mine 1" from the lowest setting and at first it was fine, but after a few months the coilovers started loosening up and would rub the fender liners on dips/bumps. You might be fine with stock 16's though; I have 17's on 25mm adapters.

You def need to get a proper alignment, and not only for toe.

After I got mine done the camber markings on the plates were three lines different between the driver and passenger side even though they were both set for the same measured camber. This equated to around a full degree difference and explains why I had so many problems with my front end on the stock struts since there is no stock camber adjustment.

Also remember when you change camber it changes the toe. I just changed my camber from -0.5 in the front to -1 last week and I am already seeing feathering on both tires since the reduced camber caused toe-in. Now I need to go pay a shop just add some positive toe.

Changing the height will aso change the camber and toe, so make sure the height is really where you want it before you get the alignment. If you have it slammed now you might regret it later. I had mine 1" from the lowest setting and at first it was fine, but after a few months the coilovers started loosening up and would rub the fender liners on dips/bumps. You might be fine with stock 16's though; I have 17's on 25mm adapters.
yeah i got a full alignment already. it's evened out right now (till i find $$ to buy new wheels and rear camber arms and screw up the camber/toe again)

Congrats on the new adjustability. Get some pics up when you can.

So.....they dont have the zinc coating any more?? ???

If that's just paint over plain steel I'm glad I got mine early.... would rather have the zinc coating.

Maybe they're trying to cut cost a little by going to paint.

I'm thinking this as well for the simple fact that you cannot see them when installed so why would they paint them? I'm glad I have one of the first sets ever made because I bought them before any reviews were made and I took a chance and it was well worth it :3_bier:

1,261 - 1,280 of 1,310 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.