Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I've always wondered about Racelands and their quality... this isn't a job I'd wanna tear apart twice within a year or two. From the sounds of it I'd personally be happier with static springs for price vs. quality and piece of mind.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

I am actually beginning to think you guys are right. My next question is. What do you think of Megan Racing coilovers. They are a little bit more than the Racelands. Are they better or the same?.:squint:

·
Registered
6,934 Posts
They are considerably better than the raceland. Still the Tein D2's and all those are better, but you will be happier with the Megan racing than the raceland.

If you could again spending a little more and add 150-200$ more.I'd go with the K-sport or D2's.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
I put a set of BCracing coin on my BMW and they were very nice, see if they offer anything for the Tib.

·
Registered
846 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hmm.. You guys got me thinking about reconsidering my purchase. My struts are bad so I was needing. Quick replacement for ride quality and thought raceland would do it but it seems like quality is just too under minded

·
Registered
6,934 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
my front racelands blew out at different times and both rear around the same time ,thats 3 different warranty returns.since the ride is a bit rough i avoid much more things on the road than i would with stock suspension.so me being a more careful driver and they still blow out? im done with raceland,im in the middle of installing my stock suspension.now i have 3 working n 1 blown (im out of warranty) ,as far as im concerned theyre useless and i dont know what to do with them.i wouldnt recommend raceland but thats just my experience with them.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Looks like I'll be finally getting some Raceland coilovers for my '06 Tiburon. Hopefully in a couple of weeks I'll be ordering them!. $453 dollars for them. :berge:
Word of advice bro... DO NOT BUY THESE. Mine lasted barely 4 months before they blew. They are a horrible ride and a waste of money.
Save a few hundred more and get good quality. Don't do what I did and cheap out.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I have decided to move on from the Racelands. I am now possibly looking into Megan Racing coilovers. They are slightly more expensive and from what I have been told, a heck of a lot better in terms of quality.:thumbup:

·
Registered
957 Posts
I just ordered the D2 rally asphalt coil overs from jmautoracing a few weeks ago. They have very good customer service and they're great to deal with. These coils are on the pricey end, but I think it'll be worth it.

These are replacing my racelands, which have haven't had quality issues for me but they lack the adjustment I need

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
I just ordered the D2 rally asphalt coil overs from jmautoracing a few weeks ago. They have very good customer service and they're great to deal with. These coils are on the pricey end, but I think it'll be worth it.

These are replacing my racelands, which have haven't had quality issues for me but they lack the adjustment I need
Woo another working set! Heh, I never realized how many people had problems.

·
Registered
112 Posts
hmmm. I just had somebody tell that they broke a spring after 2 years of use on their honda...

Really should reconsider that purchase..

21 - 40 of 45 Posts