Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok has anyone ever heard of this company?? they make coil-overs for bmw and vw but resently they started doing kits for imports. my friend of mine found a group buy for the scion tc. I couldnt didnt belive him b/c of the price $275 shipped. but 2 weeks later and must say parts look good install was as easy as putting in factory parts and seem to be feel really good. wondering if anyone has had a past exsperiance with them, and i sent them an email asking if they would make a kit for the tib no responds yet. but if they do who would be interested.

·
Registered
156 Posts
No, I haven't heard of them but 275 coilovers sounds like crap. I'm not throwing stones but it doesn't sound right to me.

·
Rool : Pron Spammer
4,097 Posts
Another "fine" product from the People's Republic of China.

·
Registered
117 Posts
One of the locals here *MADE* a set of coilovers for his rx-7 using some parts he found on ebay.. Did it for less than $100 and so far they seem okay. There was a write-up on some Pontiac Fiero forum where he got the idea from. Maybe they're doing something similar to this? I don't know exactly if I'd trust them either.. I think I'll stick with my Tein Type Flex coilovers..

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
VW guys live by these. A little on the bouncy side, but you can slam them. They have a 2 year warranty.
oh really now, because NH is quickly becoming v-dub nation, and everyone I know is running either BIlstien,FK,KW, or driving on bags. I'll ask some of them about these racelandus coilovers, won't be surprised if I hear nothing but ****.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
You go do that, there is a 50 page writeup about them since May on vortex.
Yes VWvortex the site I have been told nurmorus times that bithces about $$$ more then NT, and *****es rapes anyone who tries something new, when VW's are known for doing everything and anything to their car, and has been proven to know less about anything true performance compared to most sites.

Right....

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Didn't know we were talking about performance in coils, since i4 tibs just tear up the auto-x and circuits.
I was just stating that if someone(99% of tibs) just wants an adjustable drop with better handling than stock, these are quality.

If you bought the tib for any sort of racing, you're an idiot in the first place. Spending 1-2 grand on suspension is ridiculous for a cheap FWD car.

My bad, didn't realize your i4 was on rails, all 100 whp must be sick going around the corners.
let me explain it to you this way.

1. Downhil I kept up with tibs tiwce my power easily down prospect in lake geogre.

2. Performance can be measured different ways as it is how a product "performs" Wether this is keeping a smooth ride and yes allow a drop without massive amount of scraping, to beeing able to be dialed in proper to make a car more predictable and lowering the body roll to the correct amount, something that you don't understand.

3. A tib can be used for racing. Why am I? Because it's different but like 99% of the forums, you talk **** without first hand experience, if you knew anything about cars you'd see for the same amount you
'd spend to make a tib "fast" in most cases other cars end up spending the same amount when quality parts are used.

4. Spending $300 on a peice of suspension equipment that is unpredictable not even closely matched in dampening and unreliable is stupid. When it comes to suspension, brakes, and rims/tires, you don't cheap out, those are what keeps you safe, and for handling I would never cheap out on coilovers because they allow you to adjust two of the most important active aspects of your car, spring stiffness and dampening speed.

5.If you want a good example of a car that has posted it's times and autoX's look up bakerking, and he's running on just strut bars and Ksports and keeping up with corvettes and such in autoX where HP doesn't matter as much, the reason why is because nobody bothers because 90% of the tib community is whineyass *****es who complain about their car being slow before even trying to make it fast.

but go back to drinking your koolaid, how about you try actually making your tib fast and actually building it up before you talk ****, because honestly the opinions of those who have no experience to back it up means nothing to me.

BTW what are these rails you speak of? The only time i ever hear about cars and rails is little toy slot tracks ricers go to.

Also I believe spending money on a good set of of coils that allows you to adjust your suspension to make your car handle the way YOU WANT IT TOO, is worth it for ANY car.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I was just stating that if someone(99% of tibs) just wants an adjustable drop with better handling than stock, these are quality.

If you bought the tib for any sort of racing, you're an idiot in the first place. Spending 1-2 grand on suspension is ridiculous for a cheap FWD car.
I wouldnt consider these "quality".

Also I dont think anyone bought there tib with the initial intention of turning it into a race car. But (i think everyone that has heavily modded a tib will agree that) when built correctly this car can compete with most cars on any course.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
wow you guys totally got onto a tangent. this is how im looking at it 1. $300 for a coil-over kit kind of cheap sounds like junk parts but interested 2. if they arent as much as i need for competition who said i cant just replace the struts with name brand better ones 3. the lowering springs a lone run 250 on ebay 4. how many tibs actually put there car on the track professionally or is it for fun

email has been forwarded to r&d

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
wow you guys totally got onto a tangent. this is how im looking at it 1. $300 for a coil-over kit kind of cheap sounds like junk parts but interested 2. if they arent as much as i need for competition who said i cant just replace the struts with name brand better ones 3. the lowering springs a lone run 250 on ebay 4. how many tibs actually put there car on the track professionally or is it for fun

Notice how I mentioned ride quality, if you look at the construction there is no seperate lower body mount, the only way to lowedr your car is the compress the spring (like those ****** ebay coil-over sleeve kits) Your car will become much harsheer faster, your best bet is a good spring/strut combo, it will ride better.

If you replace the struts you still will have wicked stiff and compressed springs ( leading to premature crystalization aka spring sag) and cause even worse ride then you start out with.

Either Get some bottom line K-sports (the cheapest with a seperate lower threaded mount) or some lowering spring and either KYB's or Koni inserts.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts