Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got two racing seats that I'm going to install this weekend (as long as I can pick up some steel bars to bolt them in...). There is nothing that I can bolt the stock seat belt receiver to on the seat, so I have to opt for racing harnesses.

Does anyone currently use one? Which one do you have?

And most importantly, what did you fasten it to in the back? Did you need to get a mid-bar welded in, or some kind of half-cage? I'm guessing a rear strut bar would be too far back for the harness to reach....

Thanks! :3_koning:

·
Registered
6,003 Posts
dont get harnesses unless you have a roll bar/ roll cage, its a death trap if youre strapped into the harnesses and your car rolls over....

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nisco said:
dont get harnesses unless you have a roll bar/ roll cage, its a death trap if youre strapped into the harnesses and your car rolls over....
Yeah, I'm actually looking into getting a rear half cage fabricated. With 2" pipes, I got a quote for ~$500, which isn't that bad I guess. To be 100% safe, the rear bar will have a hoop and backstays for the harnesses.

Problem is, if I install the seats, I have no choice but a harness, unless I can figure out some way of bolting the receiver either to the new seats, or the floor.....

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I'd go see if the Tib seat belts worked with another car's receptors, or even replacing the whole Tib seat belt system with some other car's. I had to replace the receptors in my CRX and those bolted into the floor, it was like a five-minute job. Might take some experimentation and a couple trips to the junkyard but it'll be better than an improperly mounted harness.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I believe Solo2Tib had a seatbelt harness for his drivers side for Auto X I cant remember if he strapped it to his rear strut bar or to the floor of his tib because he had no rear seats if anyone remembers where he had them that might work

·
Pete: The Man
4,366 Posts
I had my stock seat belts in for a while with my racing seats. I think all I needed were new bolts for the side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts