Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Rare V6 5-speed LSD insert and more

970 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  tibby4me 
#1 · (Edited)
I have one Phantom Grip LSD insert for the 5-speed manual trans for the 2.7. This is a very rare part, it's in used condition but does work perfectly. I had it installed for 11k before I swapped transmissions. It shows minimal wear.
LESS than 15 are known to of ever been made, this is a hard to find part.
It does NOT come with the retainer pins, I had to make some myself to install it. These are easy to make yourself.
Pics will be uploaded if interest is shown.

I also have a 5-speed trans for the 2.7 with 103k miles on it. Trans worked fine before I removed it to swap in another. I would have it rebuilt before putting it in, with the wrong trans fluid the syncros start to grind occasionally going from 1st to 2nd and 2nd into first.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
#6 ·
Osage I am so interested it's not even funny. Would take it right now for 250 shipped, cash in hand.

Please PM me with some more details (Ie about the retaining pins). I'm guessing it's already been shaved down and everything? I mean you had it in but I know it requires work to fit in the 5spd so I want to know what work was done.

#7 ·
You can use a 6 speed phantom grip with minimal modification as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.