Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a 10' bazooka bass tube in the trunk of my gtv6, now the problem is that I get a rattling sound coming from the hatch instead of a solid sound....can someone tell me how to solve this??

·
Rool : Pron Spammer
4,097 Posts
TiGeRtUsCaNi said:
I just installed a 10' bazooka bass tube in the trunk of my gtv6, now the problem is that I get a rattling sound coming from the hatch instead of a solid sound....can someone tell me how to solve this??
Let's have a meet so a bunch of us can listen and we can all tell you where we think it's coming from. LOL

Hmmm, let's have a Dynamat installation party.

Or we can spray foam into every crevice of your car.

Sound like a plan? I'm sure Peter would be up for it.

·
Registered
543 Posts
SlickTib04 said:
Hatch Rattle Removal DIY
http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=607

This should do the trick.
It probably won't though. While the hatch rattle DIY gets rid of most of the rattling while you're driving, it'll still rattle when the bass hits. I think I've found where most of my rattles come from when my bass hits... The plastic trim in the hatch, the rear windshield wiper, and the rearview mirror.

·
Registered
673 Posts
foam it!
it is cheap and easier than you think. to do what the foam did with 5 cans would have been 3 layers or more of dynamat.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea the Hatch DIY didn't do much, but I think the spray foam would work on those areas mentioned in the hatch..thanks and Happy New Year

·
Banned
1,154 Posts
I gutted my hatch and still had rattles. So I took double stick foam buttons and put it on every clip and contact point possible. Now I just have one... and it's always been the worst one. Instead of running the drain tube down the A Pillar it's run through the roof, down the C Pillar, into the rear fender, through the hatch and exits through the floor. There is a tube on both sides. I get kind of a "clack clack clack" sound when driving over rough roads... there's actually something attached to the tube that is rattling inside the fender. I haven't taken the side/speaker cover off to see if I can get to it from that side, but there's no way to access it from the back.

You may be able to see the tube if you remove the cover for the jack. If you can, get your hand in there and shake the tube around... see if that's your rattle, too. One of these days I'll take the side/speaker cover off to see if there's something that can be done about it.

·
Registered
422 Posts
i got 2 kicker 10 inch L5 subs and i got no rattle on my trunk only from my license plate

1 - 10 of 10 Posts