1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1998, Hyundai Tiburon Special M/T
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hello,

This my first thread and

I'm in South Korea with KDM RD Special Model of Hyundai's first WRC Homologation model.

I do not really like about beta engine so I swapped K20A Type R motor.

It was really awesome but I need more power for this motor but still do not use turbo.

How do you think about VTEC in Tib?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh wow, you guys in Korea are really cool!
I highly admire what you did!
Really Thanks!

I still build my Tib and my target performance is JS N, If possible, I want to make it at the level of equal or higher.

It is in progress as a long-term project.

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
295 Posts
This is a great build! I've only seen one other K swapped Tiburon, surprisingly in America. Do you have a build thread detailing your swap? I would like to read more about it! VTEC and VVT is really something we needed on the Tiburon platform but they killed the GK too soon before the technology reached the 2.7 Delta/Mu engine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is a great build! I've only seen one other K swapped Tiburon, surprisingly in America. Do you have a build thread detailing your swap? I would like to read more about it! VTEC and VVT is really something we needed on the Tiburon platform but they killed the GK too soon before the technology reached the 2.7 Delta/Mu engine.
Thank you!

in Korea, There are 3 RD(RD1 just mine) and 2 GK K swapped at same tuning shop.

I try to write build thread as can as possible.

also I feel sad about Tib's gone too😢

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's the first one about before build.

I needed several dragon balls for my car. Not seven, but more.

After 3 month, I could collected all dragon balls.

Reactions: chase206

·
Registered
47 Posts
If this Shop did many of those Swaps, did they ever think about making parts for it?
e.g. Motor Mounts, Transmission Adapters etc...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If this Shop did many of those Swaps, did they ever think about making parts for it?
e.g. Motor Mounts, Transmission Adapters etc...
Sadly.. no.

The Shop Master's mind is very conservative and closed.

and do not want about mass-producing parts unlike other shops.

As a result, There are only 6 K swapped Hyundai cars in that shop. (3 RDs and 2 GKs and 1 LC)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You picked the right motor for that. Im having an H22 sleeved and built for 10k rpm for my BB6 right now actually. Probably going to limit around 9k though.
Nice motor and Nice car.

Not really much about H series motor's information for me, but it still nice motor.
Will you just be going all motor?
Not for all🤣

But when I was unlimited budget, I'll try to C32B to my RD with Mid-mount.

Unfortunately, that is non-street-legal at South Korea.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I need a lot of harness and drive shaft, engine mounts and so on..

Me and Shop's Masters goal is can be daily drive, all option can be abled, just like stock motor.

At the end, I can use all of RD's system include A/C.
Because I was sweat master at all season :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi

A turbocharged car can be a daily driver.

Your VTEC swap in the RD is awesome.. I I had a 2000 del Sol that had a nice close ratio 5-speed transmission in it. It was way nicer than the Hyundai transmission.

If you need more power out of a 4-cylinder the most logical way to do it is with a turbo. I don't know what you guys have against turbos there.??

Hey have you ever seen a beta 6-speed transaxle? They were released in Korea only maybe Australia too.

·
Registered
138 Posts
안녕하세요 연인 추워요 . I meant to introduce myself the first time and forgot. My wife is Korean.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hi

Your VTEC swap in the RD is awesome.. I I had a 2000 del Sol that had a nice close ratio 5-speed transmission in it. It was way nicer than the Hyundai transmission.

If you need more power out of a 4-cylinder the most logical way to do it is with a turbo. I don't know what you guys have against turbos there.??

Hey have you ever seen a beta 6-speed transaxle? They were released in Korea only maybe Australia too.
They actually turbo the 4 cylinder a lot in Korea and I mean a lot so I wouldn't say they have anything against it. Since they have some of the highest hp beta engines in the world there. But I think the 6 sooed beta transmission was only in Korea

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi

안녕하세요 연인 추워요 . I meant to introduce myself the first time and forgot. My wife is Korean.
Hello! Really Nice to meet you.

In Korea, beta engine's vehicles (include RD, GK, XD, LD etc.) are usually use turbo with get more power.

but sometimes get NA setted beta we can be find. however, not really good at NA tuning with beta 2.0 you know.

Here in Korea, we can see GK GTS II(FL1~) model have 2.0 beta with 6 speed transmission.

before when I swap the VTEC, I tried to swap that 6 speed transmission to RD, but It can't be.

because not really matched in transmission mount and do not have clearance with front sway bar.

So I turned to see VTEC for my RD.

They actually turbo the 4 cylinder a lot in Korea and I mean a lot so I wouldn't say they have anything against it. Since they have some of the highest hp beta engines in the world there. But I think the 6 sooed beta transmission was only in Korea
Yes It's true.. we are in more than 600ps 2.0 beta. but maybe only for use drag race car.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts