Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a real Valeo Clutch kit since i've been having so many issues with my new Clutchmasters one (check my other post if you wanna see the chaos lol)
I can't seem to find a legit kit, and I can't find one on this forum that someone has posted in at least 5 years, all the old links don't work anymore

also i'm curious what would happen if i just used the valeo pressure plate and clutch and kept my Ark flywheel and OEM throwout bearing? would that work and I can keep my lightweight flywheel or is that a bad idea?

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
837 Posts
This is a legit Valeo kit but it includes the flywheel.

Valeo 52252605 Solid Flywheel Conversion Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000JZYJ4O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apan_glt_fabc_YE2AXXJXPGTN8EBJ92DR

You may need to contact Valeo to find out if they sell just the disc and pressure plate. This kit comes with a Valeo release bearing which is the OEM brand. I don't know if the Ark flywheel is compatible, but i'm sure it it has similar dimensions. It would be unusual for aftermarket flywheels to be incompatible with common clutches and pressure plates.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is a legit Valeo kit but it includes the flywheel.

Valeo 52252605 Solid Flywheel Conversion Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000JZYJ4O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apan_glt_fabc_YE2AXXJXPGTN8EBJ92DR

You may need to contact Valeo to find out if they sell just the disc and pressure plate. This kit comes with a Valeo release bearing which is the OEM brand. I don't know if the Ark flywheel is compatible, but i'm sure it it has similar dimensions. It would be unusual for aftermarket flywheels to be incompatible with common clutches and pressure plates.
I'll buy this kit thank you, if I try and put the valeo pressure plate and clutch on my ark flywheel and everything seems to fit do you think it's worth putting everything back together like that and seeing if it works? What would I be looking for as far as fitment
I guess I could also contact Ark and see what they say

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
837 Posts
As long as the depth from the flywheel mounting surface of the pressure plate to the friction surface of the flywheel are the same between the ARK and the Valeo flywheel, they could be compatible. I'm not 100% sure on that because I've never seen them side by side. Ark or Valeo may be able to give you compatibility details though.

Reactions: Nai150

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
837 Posts
Don't trust the ebay kits unless it comes from a verified vendor that deals Valeo parts. Ebay kits often come packaged with inferior parts whether that be the flywheel, release bearing or pressure plate. They market the kit as a "Valeo" clutch kit because the disc is Valeo branded but throw in sub par parts to complete the kit. In the end for $200 that is not a legitimate Valeo single mass conversion kit.

Reactions: Nai150
1 - 6 of 6 Posts