Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so my car has had quite a few strange issues in the past, but this one tops. Since I can remember my ac and heating has never actually turned off completely, even when the ac or heat is turned off it still blows gently. This was not really that big of a deal until it stopped all together. Now my ac and heat only work when the car is moving but and blows hardest at the 2nd notch! mind you the amount it is blowing is hardly enough to change the temperature in the car. Im freezing my buns off in the car! Can anyone help me?!?:crying:

·
Administrator
9,074 Posts
With the engine off, but key on, can you hear the blower running at all?
If so, is this in "speed 2"?

Did you check blower fuses? There is a 30A link in the E/R box (main power through the blower relay) and fuse 15 (10A) in the BCM (control power, manual HVAC) or fuses 11, 15 & 21 (all 10A) in the BCM (control power for automatic HVAC).

Which type system do you have? Dials (manual) or buttons (automatic)?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Most likely it is going to be the blower motor switch. They are very common to go out and would cause the blower to only work on some settings or not at all. If it has the manual Blower controls

Blower Motor Switch

Reactions: NoSloppy

·
Administrator
9,074 Posts
If it worked/worked best on "HI", I would lean to the blower speed resistor.
Based on what you stated, it appears to be the speed control switch and/or wiring/connection to it. You can check fuses, but I agree with @Phoebus that's it's most likely the switch.

You will have to pull it apart to check though. While apart, make sure the connections from the harness to the switch are clean & tight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.