Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats up guys, Im geting a Ti single soon :3_yummie:

Can someone tell what tool or you recomend for cuting the diffuser? i dont wanna use something thats gonna crack the rear thats why im asking first..

So plz help me.. :3_winkthu

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
staw512 said:
box cutter.......
They sell those at Home Depot or Lowes? do i really have to remove the whole rear bumper?

·
Registered
11,412 Posts
yes home depot should have some box cutters. you dont need to take the bumper off. just kneel down and slide it across

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
staw512 said:
yes home depot should have some box cutters. you dont need to take the bumper off. just kneel down and slide it across
Thanx 4 the info bro:) so i take you have one too?

·
Registered
11,412 Posts
i have a single, but i havent gotton around to cut my bumper, im trying to find a 1.6 bumper, or gonna try n do some kind of diffuser

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
You can use a box cutter or Dremel.

Keep in mind your ugly charcoal box will be visible underneath your bumper. Tuscani_GK has it done with a single exhaust, and it looks great.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gamz said:
You can use a box cutter or Dremel.

Keep in mind your ugly charcoal box will be visible underneath your bumper. Tuscani_GK has it done with a single exhaust, and it looks great.
1+

staw512 said:
yea ture, yo can see the charcoal box, but the angled tip makes it well worth it
1+ plus the 20lbs in weight savings.....and it just looks sexy lol

·
NewTiburon.com Legend
1,871 Posts
Boxcutter FTW. Takes 30 seconds... if you're worried about it, you can always heat the boxcutter blade with a torch (or I suppose a lighter?).

There is a waffle-like piece of thicker plastic behind the bumper cover. It's a bit more difficult to cut through... and by difficult, I mean still easy, just thicker than the thin plastic of the cover. I heated the blade to cut through that, just because.

As for the charcoal box... it shows, but as you can see, it doesn't stand out TOO much. Someone at one point suggested I spraypaint it flat black... but meh, I'm not TOO worried about it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
just did mine myself yesterday and took me 5 minutes if that. the waffle plastic behind the diffuser was a lil harder to cut but very easy to do

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You guys are geting me more anxious lol cant wait!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts