Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically I was at a red stop light. Suddenly I felt a great jolt and the car lounged forward. A soccer mom rear ended my car while talking on the cell phone. The damage at the back is not that bad (her car is though), the bumper needs a replacement. However that's not the worst of it. Somehow the driver door lock got ****ed up. The hinge that locks your door when you close it turned inside out, and so any attempt at closing the door is impossible (it almost closes but not completely). So I had to drive home with police tape tied to the other door to hold it in place (at least the door isn't miss aligned, just the hinge lock mechanism needs replacement). Don't have a digi cam but here's a pic of the car before accident:

·
Registered
412 Posts
DeusGear said:
Basically I was at a red stop light. Suddenly I felt a great jolt and the car lounged forward. A soccer mom rear ended my car while talking on the cell phone. The damage at the back is not that bad (her car is though), the bumper needs a replacement. However that's not the worst of it. Somehow the driver door lock got ****ed up. The hinge that locks your door when you close it turned inside out, and so any attempt at closing the door is impossible (it almost closes but not completely). So I had to drive home with police tape tied to the other door to hold it in place (at least the door isn't miss aligned, just the hinge lock mechanism needs replacement). Don't have a digi cam but here's a pic of the car before accident:
Did that woman get a fine for cell phone use while driving or careless driving? In NY, you're not allowed to use a cell while driving right?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doubt I could respond in time. Was coming back from college, relaxed and tired. Then suddenly screetch and smash (windows closed so I couldn't pin point sound location).

·
Banned
609 Posts
the cop could of look at the ladies cell phone and seen when her last call was...

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
^^ exactly. I cant even take a drink a soda... but maybe i shouldnt go 100+ either.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I feel you man. I just got rear ended tonight pulling out of my school lot. me and the guy behind me were both stopped at a light turning right, there was a break in traffic and he assumed that I went and rolled forward without looking (Dumba$$!!!!!) messed up my bumper AND rear quarter panel. At least he didnt hit my Ark duals or my rims. I am so furious.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Almost same exact think happened to me about three weeks ago and I'm still waiting to get my car back. And hey staw I had the red outs and i got rear ended, does that mean i can get money back for the new ones?

It sucks dude good luck with the door and hopefully there isn't any other damage.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok the door lock was just reversed (I was able to fix it by taking door panel and reversing the mechanism so it snapped back into it's origional place). Went to a shop today and the bumper and the 4 parts under it are gonna cost $2300 to fix!

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
Glad to hear that you can at least secure your tib to an extent. I got rear-ended within 6 months of getting my tib. I could have used some rear rocket launchers that day. It cost insurance about $3K. Good luck with that.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
That sucks...... BTW, why are always women making troubles in this Forum ? :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts