Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One day I realized my reverse and turn signal lights weren't working so I replaced both of the bulbs. After replacing the Bulbs the reverse light works but the turn signal doesn't. The fuses seem to be good, and the turn signal is only out on the rear passenger tail light, the front passenger turn signal functions properly. Also, when inside the car the right turn signal light on the gauge cluster flashes rapidly and the left one flashes normally, what could be the problem?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Similar hyper blinking happens with led bulbs as well. Due to the small amount of power drawn by led lights, this causes the the vehicles turn signal circuit to see the bulb as out and results in hyper blinking.
If you have a multimeter, maybe you can check the power and voltage to the turn signals and go from there. If you are using led bulbs, well then you may need load resistors to fix hyper blinking.

A while back my 03 Tib had a bad wiring harness which caused a problem on my rear lights. To replace the actual harness, I had to remove the inside quarter panel shell or at least pull it back a bit. It wasn’t too bad. There is a white connector there that you disconnect. The harness comes with all the bulb sockets which is nice. If you need to do this, maybe try a junkyard. If you want new, try shopping at RockAuto or Hyundai dealers across the country online. I purchase from hyundaieoem dot com which is actually sourced from a dealer in Florida since my local dealer is very expensive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the response, I realized I'll have to replace the wiring harness so I'll check RockAuto and other websites for parts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts