Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got an email from r1 concepts asking if i had a 6 speed or 5 speed for ordering rear rotors and pads????

is there a difference? i thought they were the same? and if there different r they interchangable/upgradable?

·
Registered
579 Posts
the same...and r1 uh? i bought those for my wifes xd2 and for my car front and rear....hers are fubard! and when i asked for a refund they blew me off...

my xd ones however i have not had an issue with....i bought rotoworks some years back (which i just replaced with the r1's) i wish i had bought the rotoworks again...owell.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have r1 concepts from ebay.... slotted/drilled and coated so they don't rust. I have about 10k miles on them and no problems... keep in mind the fact that my car is not road raced or seen any drag/autocross track time. They seemed to be some branded rotor that was machined by r1concepts, then sold. In any case... for the price, I am happy. I am sure they are no comparison to brembos or any other expensive kit. If you want cheap with better performance, I would do the xg350 (I think it's that car) rotor swap to get bigger rotors on a budget. R1 Concepts are shiny and pretty, look a ton better than the rusty factory ones I had before, but I can't say I could tell any performance difference.

·
Registered
579 Posts
no...since the RC they were the same 00-01 before that they were captive

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have r1 concepts from ebay.... slotted/drilled and coated so they don't rust. I have about 10k miles on them and no problems... keep in mind the fact that my car is not road raced or seen any drag/autocross track time. They seemed to be some branded rotor that was machined by r1concepts, then sold. In any case... for the price, I am happy. I am sure they are no comparison to brembos or any other expensive kit. If you want cheap with better performance, I would do the xg350 (I think it's that car) rotor swap to get bigger rotors on a budget. R1 Concepts are shiny and pretty, look a ton better than the rusty factory ones I had before, but I can't say I could tell any performance difference.
i did do the rotor swap,i ordered the xg350 rotors , i got the calipers today!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
they sent me an email saying i4 has 258mm rotors and v6 has 282mm rotors

rear that is...

hmmm.... i dont know!

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
they sent me an email saying i4 has 258mm rotors and v6 has 282mm rotors

rear that is...

hmmm.... i dont know!
We have two options then.

A. Look iot up in the HMA service manual

B. Get one guys with a Stock Inlinve 4 to measure his and a guy with the V6 to measure his.

done.

·
Registered
579 Posts
from hma for an 05

v6 have an OD of 11.02in (280mm) for the front and the rears are 10.16 in (258mm)

I4 have an OD of 11.02in (280mm) for the front and the rear are 10.16in (258mm)

you can clearly see it doenst matter!!!

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
from hma for an 05

v6 have an OD of 11.02in (280mm) for the front and the rears are 10.16 in (258mm)

I4 have an OD of 11.02in (280mm) for the front and the rear are 10.16in (258mm)

you can clearly see it doenst matter!!!
I kinda figured that but thanks for actually confirming that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts