Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Re: DIY: Rear Speaker Panel Removal

well i had meant without taking the whole panel off but i guess i cant do it that way might have to just paint it while in the car and just tape a whole lot off and let it air out for like a week lol

·
Registered
542 Posts

ya takes maybe 10-15 mins to get everything out to get the panels completely off.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

well i had meant without taking the whole panel off but i guess i cant do it that way might have to just paint it while in the car and just tape a whole lot off and let it air out for like a week lol
Bad idea. Take the panel out. Do it the right way.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts

Think I just recently blew my right rear speaker ... came out here to determine the process for R&R. I was hoping this would be a quick job.

Good god, was I wrong... didn't realize I'd have to pull half the interior out. Lame.

Thanks for the DIY ... perhaps I'll do this someday. lol

·
Registered
11 Posts

Due to this DIY I decided not to DIM! Thank you for the details it made spending 75 on speaker installation much easier to pay. Top notch work! Thanks.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts

Meh, just did mine last week and it wasn't that big of a deal. I definitely wouldn't have payed someone else to do it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Great write-up but I was wondering what you used to fill the large opening in front of the rear speakers. I figured something with a little bit of mass would be better than just a layer or two of sound deadening mats. If you could help me out that would be great!

·
Retired NT Staff
4,119 Posts
Great write-up but I was wondering what you used to fill the large opening in front of the rear speakers. I figured something with a little bit of mass would be better than just a layer or two of sound deadening mats. If you could help me out that would be great!
Nothing. Some foam, I guess, if you really want to fill the void... Nothing is needed though. A layer or two of dynamat will be perfectly fine.

·
Registered
180 Posts

Yep, take the Panels off, the speaker grill is held on by 6 screws behind it. Very easy to do.
Answered a question I had, THANKS!! Im going to cover mine with bandannas though, will post pics upon completion.

·
Registered
180 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Please tell me that someone has backup pictures that we can use? I just bought new speakers, waited two weeks to install them, and then photobucket goes and photof***s us. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

21 - 40 of 53 Posts