Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
No great photos but if it is just the rear speakers, the process is very straightforward. I attached the photos of the old LR speaker in place and the new. We did the whole thing (hu,front,rear,4ch amp, powered sub) last summer.
Remove the seat backs by unscrewing the four 1/2" bolts. I forget how many bolts hold the seat in but they are easy to find. Remove them too. Vacuum under the seat since you have access. I believe you unscrew the cargo net knobs, one on each side. Check for any screws holding the panels in place. I don't remember any being there but they will be easy to find. The panels are held in by the typical push connectors. Get a plastic panel removal tool or something thin and flat and loosen the panels. Once they are all disconnected, pull the panel forward and it will come out without much trouble.
If you have the Infinity system, you will see the amp behind the left panel. Remove the existing speakers, solder or splice by method of choice the pos and neg speaker wires to the harness included with your speakers. Test them to insure the polarity is correct. Then put everything back in reverse... speakers, panels, seat and seat backs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Trying to replace the rear drive tail light and stuck with the two top bolts on the speaker, it would not come out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Been trying to break my back to remove the two top bolts which would not come out.The bottom ones came out easily.

·
Registered
3 Posts
there's no knob on mine it's just a flat panel I tried to pry it out the other day and broke the top clip so I left it alone as it's still sitting flush but it doesn't seem to be easily removable

·
Registered
7 Posts
Okay, so you need to access you Speaker? Or run some wires through the Car? How about Soundproofing the huge space between the panel and metal? Well, whatever you need to do, this will help.

First, make sure you read the DIY: Rear Seat Removal thread.

Tools Required:
Phillips Head Screwdriver
Flathead Screwdriver
Pliers (needle-nose are the best)
Hands (preferably 2)

Lets start.

____

____

____

____

____

____

____

____

____

____

____

____

____

____

Well guys and gals. Hope that helped!! Feel free to ask any questions! Enjoy!
I have a 03 tuscani gt 6 speed
jvc in dash. I want to put in my amp and speaker box, but do I have a stock amp built-in . Sounds heavy now .

41 - 53 of 53 Posts