Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey, i took off my OEM low spoiler from my 06 tib tonight...

now i just have to plug the holes with the nylon locking plugs...

i have a few questions

1. what size plugs do i need?..because the hole for the wires is bigger then the hole for the bolts
2. if i ever wanted to put the spoiler back on....how would i go about wiring it up?.....

......i was being a dumbass..!!!!!!!!!!.....AND i'm pissed.d.....i cut the wires....lol

any help would really be appreciated....thanks

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok.......i wanna put my spoiler back on....lol...don't like the wingless look

does anyone here know anyway to wire up the third brake light?.....i cut the wire too short....and now its very very difficult to twist them together with the ones in the spoiler.......is there a way i can fix this?....

also.........i noticed my brake lights stopped working in general......but when i put on my headlights..the tails light up fine...but now the tails won't light up when i press the brake?...how can i fix this.......whats the problem with the tails?

i need some help so i can drive my tib without being rear-ended.....someone please help..... :3_nooo:

·
Registered
792 Posts
Go get some automotive wiring, i.e 10-18 gauge wire. i believe if you wire up your spoiler it should get your brakes to work properly as well.. good luck!!

·
Registered
792 Posts
make sure you solder the gap together... if you decide to just twist them together make sure you wrap it up ALOT with electrical tape so they dont fall apart.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:.peter.: said:
Go get some automotive wiring, i.e 10-18 gauge wire. i believe if you wire up your spoiler it should get your brakes to work properly as well.. good luck!!
u sure?...

i made the 2 wires from spoiler and trunk touch...and everything lit up well....then i touched a few wires here and there....and all of a sudden they all stopped working!!..

i guess i'll try this.....do you know where i can get this automotive wiring at?..

and does it matter what kind it is or something?.....

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
<----

firm believer of spoilered tibs...

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Zaion said:
<----

firm believer of spoilered tibs...
I NOW AM A VERY FIRM BELIEVER OF SPOILERED TIBS TOO!!..lol

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
does it matter what kind of wiring i get for the green or black?>...i'm guessing its the same?

does anyone know what kind of wiring this is...and where to get it from?

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ne1?....................

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
just put it back on

·
Registered
792 Posts
you can get the wiring at any automotive store, like schucks. if you touched the positive and negative wires together after you cut them off the spoiler, you may have blew a fuse. look at your fuse box. colors don't matter either. they only differentiate pos/neg. make sure when you reattach the wires to the spoiler to get the right pos/neg connections

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
you can get the wiring at any automotive store, like schucks. if you touched the positive and negative wires together after you cut them off the spoiler, you may have blew a fuse. look at your fuse box. colors don't matter either. they only differentiate pos/neg. make sure when you reattach the wires to the spoiler to get the right pos/neg connections

ye..thats what i did....the pos and negs probably touched....and blew the fuse

because the brake lights stopped working after that...

i'm gonna get the wiring tomorrow morning from autozone...and twist it together...and put a bunch of electrical tape around them......then i'm gonna replace the fuse..and i'm good to go..

thanks guys....really appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
good luck with it. if you need any more questions answered post them up!
will do....great help...preciate it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts