Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I need your help on this one. I've been hearing some squeaks coming from my rear sway bar lately and I thought it just had to be regreased, well it turns out my passenger side linkage snapped. I searched on here and saw that you can get a stronger tab welded on, but I'm thinking I should just go for a new strut/spring combo. I was even thinking about replacing the sway bar with my stock one and taking it to the dealership to get fixed. Any suggestions/advice?

Thanks

·
Banned
434 Posts
if you have stock springs/struts and you are inside your warranty period i would put the oem bar back on and take it to the dealership.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
KYB GR2 struts have a much stronger tab for the sway bar link and are better than stock.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I think I'm going to try the dealership first, see if they'll fix it. If not I'm going to swap them out for the KYB's

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I'm just going to use this as an excuse to get a new spring/shock setup. Does anyone have any reccomendations? I'm leaning toward Eibach as they seem to have a good price to quality ratio. Also, I'm not sure if this is what they are called, but I think the stabalizer links have been bent in this process as well. Anyone know where to find them and how much?

Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I'd recommend Espelir from R100s...I've had them for 6 months or so and love em

·
Registered
486 Posts
yeah i have espelirs too, and they're awesome.
I got them because apparently they work best with the stock shocks... I also have wheels that line-up with the fender, so I couldn't lower the car as much as Teins would or else it would probably rub...

since ure getting new struts, you can get more aggressive springs like the Tein S-techs or eibach sportlines.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yeah, I have a broken passenger rear strut tab as well. So the KYB strut has a stronger tab? I don't want to go through this again. Does someone have a picture of the KYB strut?

http://www.hyundaiperformance.com/forums/gk-tiburon/75989-what-happens-when-you-upgrade-sway.html

I thought about getting the tab re-wielded.

If I go with the KYB struts, should I stick with the OEM springs or get a new set? I don't want a massive drop, but I want better performance/handling though.

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts