Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
21 - 40 of 76 Posts
Discussion starter · #23 ·
Re: DIY: Rear Wheel Bearing Replacement

np, just glad i could pay it forward a little bit.

Discussion starter · #25 ·

lol, you're not supposed to re-use the flange nut.

and YMMV on this, my DIY's include "best practice" techniques and protocol.

I am hoping this is the correct place for this as I didn't want to start a new thread for something that already existed.

My boyfriend and I have been attempting to replace the drivers side rear hub assembly and every time we have a wobble once the new assembly is installed and torqued down. We have tried 3 different assembly's and they are wobble. We put the old assembly back and and its tight with no wobble.Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Or could it be that we are using crappy parts? One assembly was AutoZone and the other was Advanced Auto. I am frustrated that nothing seems to fit correctly and am afraid to use the new wobbly assembly.

It is the same washer from the old assembly. Could this be the issue? Should we need to purchase a new one?

I only ask because multiple mechanics we know said we could just use the old washer.
Going through the same BS, the 512199 hubs that I have, the bearings are only 42mm wide but the originals are 45mm so somebody is screwing up bigtime at the factory! Just working out with the supplier for a refund or new hubs.

I would measure yours and I bet they are 42mm. The washer is not even touching the bearing race so no preload on the bearings. My car is 2003 Tib non ABS. I am getting the supplier to check the ABS version as I think the only difference is the sensor ring on the hub which should not cause a problem.

have to replace mine also.

called the dealership about the flange nut and washer...they wanted 12 for each nut and 6 for each washer....i was like wtf?? lol....talked her down to half off....I was about to contact low sonoma when she gave me a price figure of 45+ dollars for some nuts and washers lol....but at 25 bucks...i took it....specially since its a local pickup. funny how they hike up the prices dramatically...ridiculous

replace the nut. might as well replace the washer

Discussion starter · #37 ·

hey, it's your money man. i just want the community to know that it's not necessary.

when i read a DIY or something and people are doing unnecessary stuff, i stop and say to myself "well why is he doing that? am i missing something?" and it's confusing...

For 2008 SE model, I see at RockAuto parts,

VALUE PRO Part # 512198 Non-Driven w/ ABS $37.79
SKF Part # BR930398 $101.79

Which one should i get?
Why there's a huge difference in price?

Discussion starter · #40 ·

u should get the SKF.

there's a huge difference in price because SKF is a reputable company that makes quality parts with tight tolerances. VALUE-PRO is made probably in china on 3rd rate machines with very little QC.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.