Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

This has been nerving me for a long time, but I'm just now trying to do something about it. Every time I crank my system up, the subs make the rear window rattle like there's no tomorrow. Is there any way to fix that?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Break the window...then you dont have to worry about that. If you dont wanna do that then make sure its not your hatch and not your actuall glass. Make sure everything back there is tight and thats about all I can tell you. Dont know much about the hatch of the car. You should be able to insulate it, insulation on the inside of the pannels maybe should stop most of the vibrations.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Time to Dynamat that hatch. Also, make sure that it isn't your rear windshield wiper. Mine rattles a little bit. the only fix for that would be to buy a new wiper blade thats a little softer.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well here's what I did, I turned up the stereo, then I remove that panel that separates the trunk from the rear seat, and I pushed up on the window. That stopped the rattling, How do I check if it's the hatch or not that vibrates?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Same thing, just turn it up and feel around till you figure it out. Then plug it.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah but when I open the trunk, I don't hear it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts