Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've given up on making her look anywhere near as good as she did new. There's no point, what with the DOZENS (not kidding) of door dings from parking on a Navy base, the "microdents" in my hood from all the CRAP on the roads in SoCal, the delapidated moldings, and faded gas flap, not to mention the ugliness that is the tops of my mirrors. I can make her look good from far, but far from good.

ANYWAY, I'm wondering if anyone could quote me what a reasonable um.. quote would be to get the entire car un-dinged and resprayed, top to bottom. I'm planning on using my tax return for this early next year, I'm hoping it's under a thousand for a decent job.

Thanks you guys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,009 Posts
2 grand for some dings... and some paint. Thats kinda.. much.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
914 Posts
2k for a job well done sounds about right...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,283 Posts
what would you guys say for a total respray with no ding repair? im needing this as well and i have an 05... hyundais paint is failing me, my drivers side door is literally just bubbling out in a small circle and falling off in chips? wtf. this exact same type of porous damage occured under the spoiler as well which i noticed when i removed it. it's almost like a sponge pattern.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,846 Posts
well i went to maaco and they were going to get all the dings out (lots of them) and a 2 tone job for 2K.......
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
312 Posts
Have you ever seen a Maaco paint job? Might as well rattle can it.

If you do all your own body work, you can get a good looking spray for 2gs... otherwise be prepared to seriously settle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,879 Posts
bcware said:
what would you guys say for a total respray with no ding repair? im needing this as well and i have an 05... hyundais paint is failing me, my drivers side door is literally just bubbling out in a small circle and falling off in chips? wtf. this exact same type of porous damage occured under the spoiler as well which i noticed when i removed it. it's almost like a sponge pattern.

Your warranty should cover that. How many miles do you have on your car?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,283 Posts
just under 21,000 and its definately not damage to the car, the paint is just coming off and i hand wash the car daily with bottled water :3_saai:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,879 Posts
bcware said:
just under 21,000 and its definately not damage to the car, the paint is just coming off and i hand wash the car daily with bottled water :3_saai:
Go to the dealer and show it to them.. should definitely be fixed under warranty.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
558 Posts
with bottled water? wtf? hahaha i was thinking of doing that, but it seemed like a waste lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,846 Posts
GTea said:
Have you ever seen a Maaco paint job? Might as well rattle can it.

If you do all your own body work, you can get a good looking spray for 2gs... otherwise be prepared to seriously settle.
well, their signature paint is good. everyone says that they suck but thats because they see the 300 dollar paint job that lasts a year. their sig paint is just sa good as the others, and yes, I have. they had some cars there that they showed me that they did with the signature paint.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,283 Posts
byron said:
with bottled water? wtf? hahaha i was thinking of doing that, but it seemed like a waste lol
well i simply dampen a clean cloth and wipe the car down with it daily, i dont actually dump it on or anything. it hardly uses any water at all.
the pics of my car in this thread: http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86575
are just after such an cleaning. its in car wash bay but i just feel retarded wiping down my car anywhere else (college student) and notice how its also perfectly dry, that was done with bottled water and a damp cloth.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,412 Posts
maaco isnt bad. if you spend the money on good paint, they do a fine job. they are still skilled painters. if you pay for crappy paint, your gonna get a crappy job
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hm. 2k, huh? Dunno if it's worth it. Maybe I'll "rattle can" it primer black instead. I'm so pissed about how it looks, that might be an improvement. Ooh, I know, VINYL!!! NFS FTW d00d.

Nah, just kidding. Maybe I can deal with it for another year and then trade up. I should be completely paid off by this time next year anyhow...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
191 Posts
MikeyC said:
Hm. 2k, huh? Dunno if it's worth it. QUOTE]

It depends on if you have any hook ups. I was semi-friends (i.e. not best buds or anything) with some guys at a body shop and they hooked me up with a chameleon paint job on a del sol for $1,500. Not much body work included, but the paint alone was like $900 or something.

Go out and make some friends... :3_smile:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
543 Posts
Yeah, it'll run you around 2 g's. You can always get a Maaco paint job for like $250 or whatever they charge, but it will start chipping and fading in about 6 months. So, save yourself the time and hassle, and just get it done right the first time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
456 Posts
MikeyC said:
Ok, I've given up on making her look anywhere near as good as she did new. There's no point, what with the DOZENS (not kidding) of door dings from parking on a Navy base, the "microdents" in my hood from all the CRAP on the roads in SoCal, the delapidated moldings, and faded gas flap, not to mention the ugliness that is the tops of my mirrors. I can make her look good from far, but far from good.

ANYWAY, I'm wondering if anyone could quote me what a reasonable um.. quote would be to get the entire car un-dinged and resprayed, top to bottom. I'm planning on using my tax return for this early next year, I'm hoping it's under a thousand for a decent job.

Thanks you guys.

Goto a few diff shops and ask them for a free qoute man, its gonna be different depending on where you live. I have shops here in va that would do body work/re-spray the same color for like 800.00-1k. Out there in Cal though I would guess its gonna be much more, cause if I go down to the NoVA area my price gets about double or more.....
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top