Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got a letter in the mail from Hyundai. It pretty much said that there is a recall my tiburon (2003), on the subframe. anyone else get this letter? and what exactly is a subframe?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
yeah, i found that out by bringing my car to the shop... like GT said, check out that thread. I already posted it up.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
theyre going to inspect it, and if needed, they will drill holes in the subframe. if its worse then that, then they need to order an entire new subframe with might take a few days.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Ya i got an appointment for tomorrow at 8:30 to get it looked at they guy said my car was defiantly on the recall list and thank god its free at the dealer i go to its like 92 dollars and hour to get it looked at for any problem...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea im on the list but i have to wait till the 14, thats when they said the parts where going to be in.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a 2003 Tiburon as well, but haven't gotten the recall letter. Does this mean I am not on the recall? Should I just take it in to the dealer anyways?

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
I have a 2003 Tiburon as well, but haven't gotten the recall letter. Does this mean I am not on the recall? Should I just take it in to the dealer anyways?
if you click the link a few posts up, theres a 1-800 number that you can call, give the representative your VIN number, and they will be able to tell you whether or not your car is on that list. the list consists of between 15000-17000 cars made for that year model (so i was told), so theres a good chance that yours might be affected. i know mine is on that list as well.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Ya i got an appointment for tomorrow at 8:30 to get it looked at they guy said my car was defiantly on the recall list and thank god its free at the dealer i go to its like 92 dollars and hour to get it looked at for any problem...
Is it just your dealer that is charging you $92? Does anybody know if this is a free check?

I'm getting my inspection this month so I'll probably have them check it out if my car is on the list.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Is it just your dealer that is charging you $92? Does anybody know if this is a free check?

I'm getting my inspection this month so I'll probably have them check it out if my car is on the list.
its a free check. it has to be, its a recall. they cant charge to do an inspection for something thats their fault.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I mis-read his post for some reason. Anyways I figured it was free anyways...

·
Registered
399 Posts
Got my letter in the Mail too taking the tib to the dealer on friday!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Getting recall done. Found out by carfax and place I got the car at. Had the PA inspection done for my car and the guys did bring the subframe to my attention and showed me. It looked really awful, wouldn't be surprised if they had to replace the subframe and lower control arm.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
im planning on buying an 03 tibby...do most of them have the recall letter?
if you go to the link that silvertibbygt posted, there's a phone number there that you can call and give them the vin number to the person you're calling, and they'll tell you whether or not your car needs it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts