1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
673 Posts
I will get on the defensive for these amps! look at the sig and you will see why.

your subs are dual 4 ohm subs. and if you are like everyone else out there...you have the two subs wired up so you are sitting at a 1 ohm load.

Before you go and say that amp is crap...just hook up one of those subs and put the amp at half volume. You will be louder and cleaner than ever before.

The 9152D is a unique amp.. it has the same power output at 1 ohm as it does at 2. the RMS output at 2 ohms with 13 v is closer to 845. you get the full 900RMS @ 14.4.
IMO i would get a second amp and run each sub to its own amp and then power match the two. But if you are dead set on an amp that is a RMS of 1000 watts on a 1 ohm stable load, you will need to up your budget.
My last amp that matched up that calubur was a Memphis PRD 1000.1 and it ran me $450.... that was the best price for that level of amp in town.

another factor to put in this - your alternator (if anything remotely close to stock) WILL NOT run that amp. most amps like that need at least 120 amps of current...the stock alternator only gives 90 to the whole car.

so
option one:
New amp.
amp specs - 1000 watts RMS @ 1 ohm stable rated at 13v (because your car will not deliver much more)
Price
for anything worth using...450-600
New alternator.
Alt specs - 160-250 amp alternator with voltage reguilation.
Price
200-600

option two:
Second 9152D
299 on the high end
upgrade your wirte to get a second line of 4 gauge to the amps

total - a lot closer to 350 than option one

My advice....
hook up one.
See what it sounds like.
If it is closer to your liking buy another 9152D.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
hmmm hifonics http://ikesound.com/product-product_id/4368 it will give 600 to each sub but it wont hurt them hifonics also makes a 1000 watt one tho if u want . i had the 600 watt for my type R's they were the older style tho sounded good and my friend has the 1000 to his diamond audios.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I honestly got no idea here, the sub hits but not loud or clear. cycon whats the tool i need to take off the lil plate covering the gains and whatnot

·
Registered
673 Posts
the tool is a simple allen wrench.

your setup seems fine, I would look into upgrading your wire.
If you have never taken off that plate you may be surprised what you find. My setup has each am set to about 60% and the crossover point is up as high as it can go allowing for the headunit to control most of the sub signal.
also try setting your boost contoler to a lower fequency and turing that up

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah it is tuned to about 60% over to the right.

I think it should be hitting at least somtehing decent, which wire do you recommend changing? The power wire? thanks for the help if i can stick with this amp ill def do it.

also should i change frequency to lower? and then the bass to higher?

·
Registered
673 Posts
did you get my PM?

the power and ground. I would go with some quality 4 gauge wire. Tsunami or stinger. EFX is not bad, but stay away from the 29.99 wire on ebay. it is only 8 gauge wire in a 4 gauge sheild.

not calling you anything, but check some of the basics.

that amp should be giving you almost double the power needed to drive a single sub. so if you are wired up properly you should be sititng at a 2 ohm load per sub. making that amp deliver 800-900 watts RMS.

make sure the positive is going to the positive and the negative is going to the negative.

just for sh**s and giggles..unplug your boost cable. and check your sub level on your headunit.

unplug one of the siginal wires.

try your other sub.

try running each coil directly to the amp. the amp only has one channel so it would be the same as hooking the sub up in paralell. this will allow you to check if you have a bad coil.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Yeah i'm running two 10s with teh 9102d and i'm getting alot of bass, the only problem i'm having is that the deep bass taht just hits and quits sounds really clean, but if its a higher toned bass and its goin for a while causing the cone to continuosly bounce back and forth really quick my sound is gettin a bit dirty like I can hear the cone moving. I haven't really messed with any of my amp setting but I did have a friend tune the setting on my HU. Cycon you have any ideas man? And whats the best way to tune the input level sensitivity and the gain on teh amp itself.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
did you get my PM?

the power and ground. I would go with some quality 4 gauge wire. Tsunami or stinger. EFX is not bad, but stay away from the 29.99 wire on ebay. it is only 8 gauge wire in a 4 gauge sheild.

not calling you anything, but check some of the basics.

that amp should be giving you almost double the power needed to drive a single sub. so if you are wired up properly you should be sititng at a 2 ohm load per sub. making that amp deliver 800-900 watts RMS.

make sure the positive is going to the positive and the negative is going to the negative.

just for sh**s and giggles..unplug your boost cable. and check your sub level on your headunit.

unplug one of the siginal wires.

try your other sub.

try running each coil directly to the amp. the amp only has one channel so it would be the same as hooking the sub up in paralell. this will allow you to check if you have a bad coil.
Thanks for that I'll check everything tomorrow before work and possibly give you a call after work if its ok with you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts